Chapter 1

"Rose? Rosalie wake up, its time!" God I hated my name.

"Barmy?" I said, " What? What time?"

"The time!"

"OH!" I shot up from my bed and grabbed my cover. We ran out of my bedroom in the dark, I was still in my nightgown.

"Nora come on!" I saw her tail file by me in the pitch black

"Okay look, plans are a little bit changed." Barmy's accent was strong. He was born from the north. My dad hired him as the best body guard known to man and cats. Yes cats...

7  years. 7 years exactly. That is how long I've been waiting for this day. I found out on my birthday and it just so happened that it happened on my birthday... well, half of my birthday. I was born the princess of a kingdom called Regnodelre. Which I guess is kind of racist because if you unspace it, it means something like the palace of the kings in some language. You can look it up and tell me if you'd like. I guess I should know what it meant, only if I attended my lessons instead of taking out Marly for a ride.

Shoot sorry I'm getting off track. Any way to get to the point, I was born on our New Year. Or our New Year's Eve. Kind of in between if that's possible. My parents didn't know which day to choose so they just chose both. Which I know sounds pretty spoiled but it's actually kind of annoying. Why? Because everyone thinks I'm spoiled.

7 years ago a "witch" saw devastation on our kingdom. I was 8 years old and my dad told me that in a little while I will be going on a nice long journey in a big boat. I would live there for a few years. However, when the time came, it didn't happen like that at all.

Barmy had told me that the plan has been changed.

"Put you're hood up."

"Where's the boat?"

"Umm, at the bottom of the ocean."

"What?! What do we do?!"

"Calm down, get Nora and Marly and were going to- well were going somewhere. To meet someone, and I'm going to drop you off there, with him. Look I'll just tell you when we get there. For now just follow me."

I threw my hood up and followed Barmy through the back door of the castle that led right to the stable. I ran to the boy who was running Marly out and looking over I saw Barmy jumping on my brothers mare.

"Rose! What is going on?!" Nora hissed, her tail all fluffed up.

"I know as much as you do Nora," I swung myself on my black stallion, Marly, and kicked him into a full gallop.

"Okay," Barmy began as soon as I caught up," so I guess they knew where you would be hiding so they sunk it. What they don't know is that foreigners always get lost in these woods."

"What do we do now though?" I yelled over the pounding of the hooves.  

Barmy shook his head and took a quick look up at the dark smoked sky. You could barely make out the lights of hundreds of flying crafts through the smoke and branches.

"We run," he concluded.