BRUISE [ IV ]

The frigid air blowing against your back did little to alleviate the heat brewing just under your skin, lips parted as you gulped down oxygen. A daze was overtaking your brain as your eyes fell shut and your lungs heaved, a thin layer of sweat coating your

skin. His lips pressed into your barely covered chest, followed by your collarbones, making a trail of wet open mouthed kisses up your neck. It made a lazy smile flutter up on your lips, fingers reaching out to push through his hair as his palms slid along your hips, grinding you down against his lap. He leaned forward and combined his lips with your parted ones, exhaling heavily against them as his body fidgeted with a faint moan. It vibrated through you as your palms massaged his broad chest, the car filled with enough heat to begin fogging the tinted windows while you straddled his lap.

His palms slid down to your ass as your lips melded, his plump and parted as his teeth grazed the pink flesh of yours. Your fingers combed back through his hair as you panted into the kisses, the dim light out the windshield casting a faint blue glow on his skin. When your lips started to pull from his, he peppered open mouth, wet kisses down your jaw, resting his forehead into your shoulder as he struggled to catch his breathe. Your fingers slipped down onto his neck, massaging the skin as you licked at your swollen lips, fighting to get in enough oxygen in the stuffy driver's seat of the parked car.

"The foods probably cold, huh."

Jongin's laugh filled the space when you spoke, making a small smile flicker across your lips as he wiggled against you, adjusting. Your eyes opened back up, focused on the cabin leering at you out the window. It stung as your teeth sunk into your bottom lip, exhaling, letting the temporary high surge through your veins, knowing in minutes you'd be right back to the mood you'd been in the past month and a half. Sleeping with Jongin was great for comfort and a distraction, but it did little to soothe the wound Chanyeol left in your chest.

Your muscles contracted at the thought of Park Chanyeol, someone you hadn't laid eyes on for weeks. Not since the night at the restaurant, the night he let you know how little you meant to him with a few short, simple words. Any texts he sent that evening went ignored after your curt response of being done, and two weeks of weak attempts later, he stopped trying to speak to you. He never came into the restaurant with the guys when you were on shift, never called you in the middle of the night wanting to come over, never made any effort to indicate he was hurting as much without you as you were without him.

You were thankful for the reprieve from Chanyeol, thinking it would make it all so much easier to wash away the feelings you had for him. Originally you were more angry than upset. Angry at yourself for caring in the first place and angry at him for not caring enough, if at all. Then you felt sad, lonely and full of longing for someone you still wanted to punch in the face. You missed the parts of Chanyeol that filled your nerves with electricity, the sides of him that were flashes in the night that lit you up inside. The parts of Park Chanyeol that you'd seen when he felt at ease beside you was what was making it so hard to let go of the lingering feelings that simmered beneath your ribcage.

Jongin was an accidental distraction a week past the incident, the both of you feeling particularly down. You'd been in an awful mood after hearing a girl talking about Chanyeol fucking her the night before, and Jongin had met up with his ex to get his things back. You found comfort in your friend who felt just as lonely as you did, just as desperate for someone to make the pain go away. After that, the sex had become a more frequent occurrence, usually followed by grabbing dinner or working on a project for class. No feelings had developed past the now dirty jokes you'd whisper in each other's ears, which usually sent Jongin into a fit of giggles that made your lips quirk towards the sky.