forty-eight

_________________________________

ALEX WALKED OVER AS NONCHALANTLY AS SHE COULD, BUT SHE COULD HARDLY CONTAIN HER EXCITEMENT THAT she wasn't alone on Sakaar. When she reached him, her words were cut off by Loki nearly choking on his drink. He coughed, and she sent him a questioning glance. 

"Loki, God I'm so glad you are here," She sat down next to him. 

"And I am so glad that you're wearing that,"

"We don't have time for that right now. We need to figure out what the hell happened--and where's Thor? He must've made it to Asgard,"

"My love, relax. This is some kind of paradise, and we should enjoy it."

She couldn't believe her ears. "I'm sorry, but you want to sit back and enjoy being stuck on this planet?"

"I can imagine far worse planets to be stuck on."

"No, Loki, we've got to--"

Loki took her hands in his. "Darling, we can leave whenever we wish. Please, relax, and we can enjoy escaping from that witch who calls herself my sister."

"I mean, I did see a sign for a spa," Alex muttered. "Something about leaving Thor to deal with Hela doesn't sit well with me,"

"He can handle himself." Loki waved off. "Now, I want to enjoy some time with my woman after being separated. First thing, that outfit--"

"Loki," She giggled. "Save it." 

"I see you two lovebirds have met," A voice spoke. The Grandmaster. "I thought you'd hit it off. I'd be a great matchmaker, don't you think?"

His right-hand woman simply nodded. 

"Shall I show you two around?" He asked. 

Not wanting to seem suspicious, Loki and Alex both nodded. They stood up, and Alex noticed that Loki was wearing Asgardian clothes. Meaning, she was just being objectified for the Grandmaster's humor. Loki found amusement in her discomfort, reaching down for a cheeky grab before she swatted his hand away. 

"You're welcome to stay in the same room, just make sure you notify the check-in desk. I want everyone here on Sakaar to be as content as possible, knowing they're valued." He began. 

Alex quickly gathered that this man was a nut case. 

"Any species that has been abandoned is welcome on Sakaar, and they find a home here."

"Might I ask, what there is to do here?" Loki inquired, keeping up his act. 

"Oh, anything. Think of this as a five-star resort--you can play a sport, get a couples' massage," The Grandmaster winked.