Chapter 1: Life's Changes

Author's Note: Well, here is the first chapter everyone :) . Thanks for the amount of views, votes, and feedback on the Prologue and I hope you all enjoy xo

__________________________

Niall's Pov.

My eyes peeked open, one at a time, staring at the ceiling above. As predicated, the sun was shining through the drapes - blinding me. I pulled the cover over my face, tossing my body over to one of my sides. Surprisingly, last night's unfortunate events haven't really dawned on me, yet. Since crying in the midst of packing my things, not another tear has been shed. A part of me was reluctant to believe that such a situation could happen to someone like me, of all people. I'm very sorry for those who have faced this before, or may be facing it still; however, another part of me felt like this was the beginning of the freedom I've been longing for. Of course, I would still have to respect Freddie and abide by some of his rules and regulations, but I knew he wouldn't be too hard on me. School wouldn't pose a problem for him, seeing as I make appropriate grades, and I don't plan on sneaking out. He's very welcoming of any of my friends coming over, if that even happens now. I suppose I would have to, kind of, start over, seeing as I won't be able to see Jacob and Ryan as much anymore. Speaking of which - I grabbed my phone from underneath my pillow and sent out a group iMessage to them both.

"Have a great day at school, lads, and tell me who the new soccer captain is :) x" - Niall

It was no secret that I would be replaced, in almost an instance; aforementioned, there were several boys on the team willing and ready to take my position. Luckily, I didn't have to be there to see the coach's reaction to me not returning. He'll probably give the remaining team hell for it at practice.

"Will do. Call you tonight xo" - Jacob

"Miss you already, Leprechaun. Have fun at your new school :( " - Ryan

I'm not entirely letting them go. We just won't be able to hang out everyday as we did prior to me moving. I sighed, then set my phone down on the dresser nearby. Not thinking to charge it last night, now would be the best time to do so. I climbed out of bed, stretching in different angles to release the built up tension spread throughout my body. I walked to the closet, examining myself in the attached full-body mirror. "I look horrid." I mumbled underneath my breath. I ran my hands through my blonde locks, trying to straighten my hair out as neatly as possible. I decided to head out the room. I never really got the chance to thank Freddie, properly. I've very thankful for having him at a time like this and he willingly took me under his roof, without any hesitation. I will forever be devoted to him. Walking through the hall, I saw that his bedroom door was open, though the room was empty. I didn't have to think twice about his whereabouts. If you're a Horan, or know of one, we go wherever there's food.

I made my way downstairs, walking past the bright sun that illuminated through the living room windows; I can already tell it's going to be a beautiful day. The calm after the storm. There was an appealing smell floating from the kitchen and, instantly, I started smiling. I pushed through the saloon door and saw Freddie standing near the stove. His half-naked body in view and, unfortunately, I had to witness his horrible, raunchy dancing. Due to the small stereo being on, he didn't hear me come in - that is, until I lost control of my laughter. "Oh!" He stopped dancing, face flushed with red of embarrassment. He walked over to the stereo, then lowered it's volume. "Didn't hear you come in."

"Nice dance moves you got there."

"You're not any better. Have a seat. I'm making pancakes."

"Yum." I took a seat at the islander and helped myself to a cup of apple juice sitting nearby.

"So, I figured we could head down to the mall first, register you for school afterwards, and, if you're in the mood, pick up a few more of your belongings. And by belongings, I mean the car." He had a mischievous grin forming on his lips. Fred always played the devil's advocate, especially when we were younger - acting out in school, getting into fights, new battle scars almost everyday, sneaking out, even smoked once at thirteen. My mom thought it was a cry out for help, but contradicted herself by trying to send him to boot camp. He took that forewarning and cleaned his act up by the time he turned fifteen and he has become someone I admire. Even with that being said, old habits die hard. Trying to retrieve my car would pose more complications between our parents, but, once his mind is set on something, he goes for it.