꧁ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝕀꧂

Mumbo woke up to a strange click noise. He paid it no mind at first, opened his eyes for a moment only to blink them shut again, trying to fall back asleep.

He'd been drifting in and out of consciousness all day, hearing strange sounds, unfamiliar voices, and muffled music, all mangled by sleep.

I'll have to be get up eventually, that megabase won't build itself.

Opening his eyes. That was his first mistake. That proved he was alive, and more importantly awake.

His second was not falling back asleep. If he had, he could have escaped reality; could have let the blankness of unconsciousness wash over him again. He could have woken up when there weren't three armed men encompassing him and his bed.

He sat up in bed, noticing that he was in a room he didn't recognize. It was dark, dank, and cold; he was probably in some sort of basement. He was lying in a bed with maroon covers. There was a desk right across from the bed with paperwork piled on it. there were posters scattered on the walls and a rice paper divider between the bed and the stairs.

What happened? I must be groggy from the fall. Did I fall? I can't remember.

"Who are you? Why are you here? And most importantly, what do you want from us?" A familiar voice called out from the darkness.
I know that voice! But from where? "I- don't know-" Mumbo replied.
"Oh come on!! You have to know the answer to at least one of those questions!" a different voice complained from the shadows. This voice he didn't recognize. The voice was deeper than the last, but not by much, and had an American accent as opposed to the first voice's British one.

He heard a click, similar to the noise that woke him up in the first place. They must have just turned the safeties off on their guns!

"Now I'm only gonna ask you one more time," voice one warned calmly, almost too calm as if he had done it before; the calm to his voice was, terrifying. He stepped forward, into the lantern light, and pressed the barrel of his rifle right between Mumbo's eyes. "Who are you? Why are you here? And what do you want from us?"

The former shadow was wearing a red shirt, gray pants, and black shoes. He had a horrendous spray tan, shaggy, honey-blond hair, and wide, dark brown, almost black, eyes.

"Grian!?" Mumbo exclaimed. Suddenly everything flooded back to him. I did fall! I was end-busting with Iskall when his elytra broke, and fell into the void. I crashed through something and passed out. But if that's true, then why was he here and not his base? If the void didn't kill me, then hitting the ground surely would have. I should have respawned in his base; it didn't make sense. Even with a totem of undying, he wouldn't have survived. It was almost as if someone put a portal under him and he fell through.

"Wait, but I thought you were Grian?" the third voice asked, stepping out into the light. He had a natural tan, a large chin, short, black hair, and small, round eyes. He had central heterochromia, the center of his iris was red, and the outside was blue. He wore a royal blue shirt with a blue and red T on the back over a white-colored shirt, black pants, black suspenders, and blue and red checkerboard headphones.
"I am," Grian replied, confused. "What are you trying to pull?" He pressed his gun harder.
"No no no! I'm not saying I'm you, I'm just confused as to why you're holding a gun to my head," Mumbo exclaimed.
"You broke into our house!" Grian accused.
"Not on purpose!" Mumbo clarified.
"How do you 'accidentally' break into someone's house?" Grian asked.

Mumbo didn't know how to reply to a question like that, so he didn't. Bad idea.

"Answer this question honestly or I'll shoot," Grian threatened. At this point, Mumbo's head was being pressed against the wall. "Who are you?" The calm in his voice was completely gone, replaced with bold force.
"Grian, it's me! Mumbo, your-"
"Mumbo?" Grian cut him off, trying to hold back a chuckle.
"Yes?"
"What kind of name is that?  Your parents named you something that means gibberish?" Grian laughed for a bit but quickly composed himself. "I'll admit, that gave me a good laugh, but seriously, I'm gonna need a real answer."
"It is my real name!  You know this!"
"Know this?"
"We're friends, why are you acting like you don't know me?" Mumbo asked sorrowfully.
"Friends? We just met!" Grian countered.