[juu-shichi]

"Madara what?"

"Please, Hokage-sama, I know I have no right in asking you of this, but I need you!" begged [Name] as she stood in front of the First Hokage's desk. Surprisingly, he had still turned up to work, despite the fact that he had spent all night at her and Izuna's wedding celebration. Unlike [Name], though, he didn't look like a tired train wreck. In fact, he was quite the opposite- his face was as fresh and youthful as ever, regardless of the fact that his brow was knitted in a deep frown.

"Do you know where he's taken Haruka, or why?" [Name] fervently shook her head, and Hashirama's worried gaze hovered over her worn out face. He rose to his feet, glancing at the door of his office. As if on cue, Uzumaki Mito came walking in, bearing a tray with two teacups on it.

"Oh! [Name]-san, I didn't know you were here!" she exclaimed lightly, walking over to Hashirama's desk and placing the tray on top. "Here, take this! Dear me, what are you doing so early in the morning? It's as if you didn't have a wedding at all last night!" She joked, but [Name] couldn't find the heart to laugh along. Mito frowned, then bowed her head at [Name].

"Ah, sorry," she said humbly. "I'll leave you two at it, then." As she turned her back, [Name] stared at the back of her hair. Red...

"Uzumaki!" she exclaimed, causing Mito to jolt and turn around. [Name] flushed, and bowed apologetically. "I-I mean, that was so rude, Mito-sama, please forgive me. But, I have a question..."

Mito smiled.

"Yes?"

"It's regarding your niece, Fumiko... and why Madara may have taken Haru away..." Mito exchanged a look with the Hokage, and they both looked at the [Surname]- well, now Uchiha- woman in curiosity. "Um... Fumiko is an Uzumaki, for starters, right?" At the mention of her niece, Mito grimaced, making [Name] begin to perspire with worry. Had she stepped too far out of line?

"Was," she said abruptly. "Fumiko, I'm afraid... passed away earlier in the year. But yes, she was an Uzumaki, through and through. Now, what is this about Madara taking away Haruka? Is he taking him out for a trip?" [Name] shook her head, and behind her, Hashirama coughed.

"More like abducted him, but anyways, back to you, [Name]-chan," nodded the Hokage.

"Well, Madara was talking about... how Haruka was of Uzumaki and Uchiha heritage? I don't quite understand how that's possible, because I know for a fact that Madara himself is of pure Uchiha lineage, but that means that I'm... possibly... could I be?" Mito frowned, and began to stroke her chin.

"You, an Uzumaki?" Her eyes scanned [Name]'s figure as she ran through a list of her capabilities and skills in her mind. "... it is possible. If you had red hair, things would be so much easier." Now [Name] cracked a smile.

"Okay, that's one thing. But my next question is- what does Madara want with Haruka? Why does he want an Uzumaki so badly? If Fumiko died while they were together, then does that mean that they were more than lovers? Why did he come back all of a sudden to Konoha, intent on finding out about my lineage?" As [Name] directed all her questions at Mito, Hashirama himself had begun rummaging through random draws in his desk, muttering under his breath as he did so.

"What's so special about Uzumakis?" joked Mito in an amused tone, making [Name] shrug. Hashirama slammed a draw shut with such a force it made both women jump, and they looked at him with surprised eyes.

"Hokage-sama?" His face looked dead serious as he stepped away from his desk and began walking towards the door.

"I have my theories, but... I'm afraid we'll need Madara to answer our questions, just to be sure," he said hurriedly. "Come now, [Name]-chan, we must leave now if we have any hope of catching him. And Mito- you stay here. If Madara or anyone who seems to be affiliated with him turns up, avoid them at all costs. If not, then please alert Uchiha Izuna and Tobirama on our whereabouts. Got it?"

"Uh, yes. Okay."

"[Name], let's go! As soon as we leave the village, we can start our search!" [Name] leapt after the Hokage with a half confused, half grateful look on her face.

"Right!"