Prologue

John Scott looked at the gun in his hands and felt afraid.

He walked over to the window and reflected on his beautiful surroundings. He had always loved the quiet House of Zen with its shiny, round rivers. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel at peace.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Mildred Smart. Mildred was a courageous young woman with amazing strength and a scrawny face.

John gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He himself was a foolish, undecisive, tea drinker with sloppy walking. His friends saw him as a coward with too many emotions. Once, he had even helped a baby bird cross the road.

But not even a clumsy person who had once helped a baby bird cross the road, was prepared for what Mildred had in store today.

The rain danced on John's face as Mildred grew ever nearer, making John concerned.

As John stepped outside and Mildred came closer, he could see the sinister smile on her face.

Mildred glared with all the wrath she could possibly have. She said, in hushed tones, "I hate you, and I want justice for what you did, you monster."

John looked back, even more concerned and still fingering the gun. "Mildred, hands up or I'll shoot," he replied.

They looked at each other with puzzled feelings, each thinking about wether or not to kill the other.

Suddenly, Mildred lunged forward and tried to stab John with her blade. Quickly, John grabbed the gun and shot it on Mildred's skull.

Mildred's arms trembled. She looked surprised, her emotions raw.

Then she let out an agonising groan and collapsed onto the ground. Moments later Mildred Smart was dead.

John Scott went back inside and made himself a nice cup of tea, with his eyes wide with shock.