Chapter 8

I opened my eyes as I felt sunlight coming through my window.

"Good morning, sleepy head."

I smiled as soon as I heard his voice.

He came near me then helped me to get up.

When I sat in my wheelchair, he suddenly stoop his head down then gave me a light kiss on my lips.

We both blushed.

And there he was again, ears turning red.

We ate together for breakfast and talked about things.

When we were finished, he suddenly got a call.

It looked urgent but I heard him say "But I'll come later after lunch."

I tried to ask what it was.

"Who was that?"

He just shrugged then answered "Just business."

"Your beer factory?"

He didn't respond anymore when I mentioned about their factory. But, I didn't ask follow-up questions. I was afraid he would get mad again.

Before lunch, he cooked my favorite dish.

"Let's eat together?"

He shook his head. "I'm sorry. That call was actually urgent but I chose to stay for more hours with you."

I smiled coyly. I felt guilty.

He noticed the change in my expression.

"Don't feel guilty! It was my choice." He said while chuckling.

I just nodded.

"I'll call you, okay?"

"Of course. You have to." I answered.

When he finished preparing his stuff, he kissed me on my cheek then left.

I was bored all afternoon and just did things I usually do with Austin, just like watching movies and reading novels.

I received a call from Austin.

"Hi." I excitedly greeted him over the phone.

I hear him chuckled. "I'll be home this evening."

"Noted!"

Right after the call, I called my secretary to help me prepare dinner before Austin came back.

My secretary came with two more staff to help us set the table and cook dishes.

"Aren't you going to tell me what's going on, Ma'am?"

I giggled. "Well, I think you're smart enough to understand what's going on."

She just smiled meaningfully.

While the three of them were busy in the kitchen, I went to the living room to choose a romantic song for later.