Chp. 14

Serenas POV

It's been a week since mum sent me that letter and I still can't believe she tried to justify her leaving in a letter. I want to be so mad at her but in all honesty I'm not. I yelled at her at my wedding and I felt that made up for the year and a half that she wasn't there. I thought so anyways but when I woke up this morning I was so incredibly sad that I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed.

Toni was in the shower so I didn't have to worry her for a little bit. She walked back into our room a few minutes later and I pretended to be asleep, I felt her press her lips against my cheek and then she left the room. Once she was gone the tears started and they wouldn't stop. I cuddled the pillow but it wasn't enough I needed Toni. "Baby, I made you breakfast," I heard Toni say as she opened the door, worry written all over her face when she saw that I was crying. "Omg baby are you okay?" She put down the tray and came and scooped me into her arms and we cuddled on the bed. I felt safe and my body started to relax and the tears slowed.

I must of fallen back asleep because I woke up and Toni wasn't there anymore. I heard running water from our bathroom so I got up to investigate. I looked at myself in the mirror, I honestly looked like I had been run over by a truck. My hair was all over the place and my eyes were still red and puffy. Toni saw me and smiled, "hi beautiful, I'm running you a bath, I thought it might help," I couldn't help but smile, she always knew how to make me feel better even if I was in the worst mood ever. I pulled her close to me and placed my lips on hers. She kissed me back softly, like she was afraid of hurting me. "I love you so much," I said in between kisses. "I love you more than life princess," she replied, as she slowly took my shirt off. Then with one hand unclipped my bra, all this time she was still kissing me. My nipples went hard as shivered, "are you cold baby?" Toni asked against my lips, I nodded. "lets get you in the bath then, hopefully it'll warm you up," I slipped off my pants and hopped in the bath, and let the water consume my body. I hadn't had a bath in a very long time, I felt so relaxed. Toni left the room mentioning something about work.

Once out of the bath I noticed Toni wasn't around so I went to investigate but when I couldn't find her I grabbed my phone and saw she texted me,

gone out be back later baby, I love you

I replied saying I loved her back and to let me know when she was on her way home, then I headed for the couch to watch Netflix.

I woke up to the sound of the front door closing. I sat up and looked at the time, 4:30. I noticed a text from Toni that was sent half an hour ago. As I was reading it she walked into the lounge room, and I smiled "hi my love how was your day?"

"it was boring, I had a meeting at the school," she replied sitting on the couch next to me, I cuddled into her. She always made me feel so safe and I don't know how she does it.

"That sounds super boring, what do you want for dinner my love?" I asked walking to the kitchen, "ummm you," she replied following me,

"actual food baby, I'll be dessert," I winked at her, and as usual she blushed. Nearly two years later and I still make her blush, it's the cutest thing ever. I kissed her nose waiting for her reply. "Um how about carbonara?" I licked my lips, "sounds good baby,"

Toni's POV

It took Serena a couple of days to go back to usual self after I found her crying in bed. We talked about it and she explained that it was about her mum and I fully understood. I decided to surprise her with a date to an arcade. I found out she'd never been before so I was excited to take her. I didn't tell her where we were going but I told her to be prepared for fun.

Once we arrived I could see the excitement in her eyes, "omg baby I've always wanted to go here," she said smiling, "I know my angel, thats why I bought you here," I replied pulling into a parking spot. She planted a kiss on my lips and got out of the car. Once we were inside she got even more excited.

I watched the glee in her eyes as she played each game and earnt more and more tickets. She hadn't looked this happy in months and I was so glad I got to give her the happiness she deserves. "Baby will you dance with me?" she asked as we reached one of the dancing games they had. I just laughed as she dragged me onto the platform. Serena won but only because I let her, while she was jumping up and down I pulled her close and kissed her. I felt her smiling, which made me smile. "ew gross," I heard someone say as they walked past us, I just pulled her closer and laughed.

On the way home she fell asleep cuddling the bear she had gotten with the tickets. She looked so cute. I stopped at a red light and kissed her on the cheek, she smiled but stayed asleep, the lights went green and I pushed the accelerator.

The last thing I remember seeing before everything went black was headlights coming from the left of me.