1 ~ you're so nice to me

1. 

Michael and I would be sleeping at the White’s, which sounded pretty typical. They had a small farm, which smelled pretty gross but we’d probably get used to it. The surroundings were beautiful, you couldn’t see anything of the city which was a few miles back; it was just green grass and cows everywhere. Michael’s mom brought us there, and we rang the bell, our bags around our shoulders. A polite girl with dark brown greeted us and let us in. Her name was Lisa and she let us to our rooms, who weren’t too small.

Mine had light green walls, the windows were pretty big and the view was gorgeous. Colourful flowers, beautiful, fresh green hills with cows and sheep and a pretty girl with wavy blonde hair, falling just over her shoulders. She got out of her small, red car and swum her bag around her shoulder after a bit of struggle while closing the car door. When she straightened her back she pushed some hair behind her ear and turned around. She looked alluring. Small, brown eyes which fit the rest of her face perfectly. She wasn’t wearing any make-up which gave her a soft charisma. She was wearing a thick coat and rain boots and her face had something similar with Lisa’s.

Still in thought I heard the door opening downstairs, followed by excited voices which sounded like Lisa’s.

‘You’re home!’ she laughed.

The strange girl just answered with, ‘when’s mom coming home?’

‘She’s doing the groceries, she’ll be back soon. How’s college?’

‘Terrible, do we have chocolate?’

Drawers were opened and a minute later Lisa left the room.

I slowly walked down the stairs. Since I was living in her house, most probably, I’d be nice to say hello. Or at least that’s what my mom would like me to do. So I peeked my head around the open door, leaving a soft knock so she’d turn around. When she did, she looked at me with a bewildering frown on her forehead.

‘What are you doing here?’ she spoke. Her voice was hazy and soft.

‘Uh… I’m staying here for a while.’

She raised an eyebrow, ‘really? In the kitchen? Why?’

‘No, the house.’

‘Interesting. Why’s that?’

‘We’re in a band.’

‘A band?’ she scoffed

‘Yeah, we’re trying to get bigger,’ I answered, a light blush appearing on my cheeks.

‘We?’

‘My friends and I.’

‘Are they staying here too?’ she asked a bit offended.

‘One of them, and I.’

‘Did my mom invite you?’

‘Do you always ask so many questions?’

‘Touché.’

There was a short silence, before she continued. ‘What has your band to do with staying in my house?’

‘Well… Like I said, we’re trying to get bigger but we don’t have money to get a hotel outside Sydney, you know, so we’re staying in host families.’

She nodded, ‘I see, so my mom asked me to be home this week so I could make you breakfast on bed and clean your rooms?’

I wanted to shake my head, but I had no idea why she was here, or why her mom had invited her home so I couldn’t really answer that. In the meantime I was trying to find a way to break the awkward silence but she beat me to it.

‘Why do you want to be bigger? Fame kind of sucks.’

‘I just like to perform on stage. Besides, I’d be nice to have a little more money so we could pay a hotel and not have to run into pretty girls the whole day,’ I finished with a chuckle. Was that too much?

She shrugged her shoulders a little, ‘my sister pretty hot, I know. I’d do her if she wasn’t my sister.’

‘Are you gay?’ I said before I could think about it.

She opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water out of it and rolled her eyes. ‘Sometimes I want to fuck a girl, that doesn’t make me gay.’

‘It kind of does.’

‘No, it doesn’t.’

‘Yes, it does.’

‘I’m not gay,’ she groaned.

‘But you like girls.’

‘I do not, Jesus Christ.’ She shot me an annoyed glare and I shrugged my shoulders.

‘I don’t mind if you like gi-’

‘Listen. This is my house and I don’t like people, so if I ever give you the idea I don’t want to talk to you, it’s probably true. I also don’t like it when you accuse me on lying in my own kitchen, which my parents paid but whatever. So if you would just go have fun with your boyfriend and leave me alone that’d be nice, thanks.’

‘I don’t have a boyfriend.’

‘Is your friend a girl?’ she asked, raising her eyebrows on a sarcastic way.

‘No, but he’s not my boyfriend.’

‘Who said I meant boyfriend on the relationship way?’

I scoffed, ‘does anyone use boyfriend on the friendship way?’

‘I just did, are you having a problem with it?’

‘Right, I’m going upstairs.’

‘Bye,’ she muttered.

‘I didn’t ask for your name yet,’ I said, turning around quickly before leaving.

‘Yes, nicely spotted.’

‘So what is it?’

‘Divvy.’

Sharing with someone. ‘I like that name.’

‘I didn’t ask for your opinion.’

‘You’re so nice to me.’

She looked up, another annoyed frown on her forehead. ‘Was that sarcastic?’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Divvy and Lisa in the picture on the side)