Cairns

They arrived. The sun shone brightly in the clear blue sky and the pair drove with smiled upon their faces. Ashton had grabbed Luke's hand and intertwined their fingers about halfway to their destination.

"I have a flat here." Ashton muttered shly.

"Really?" Luke almost squeeled.

"It will need a bit... No, a lot of work because I was reckless last time I was here." Ashton smirked, making Luke blush at the bad boy image.

Luke nodded and Ash turned into the nearest homeward store. They bought a few tubs of paint in various colours and a whole load of accessories and necessities. When Ashton had said it would need work, he was understating greatly. The walls were peeling and the carpet was creating. Suddenly Luke was glad they had woken up early.

"Where shall we start?" Luke asked whilst running a hand through his hair.

"The walls. Strip them and then paint them." Ashton shrugged before walking over to a wall and tearing off almost all of the wallpaper in one.

Luke laughed with Ashton as he looked down at the shred in amusement. Luke joined in and it took about two hours to completely shred the wallpaper in the living space, kitchen and bedroom. His bathroom was relatively clean and tiled.

"What colour should we paint this room?" Ashton asked Luke, standing central in the living space.

"I like the blue..." Luke suddenly shyed.

It made him nervous, making such a major decision. Ashton smiled enthusiasticly and grabbed the tin of blue. It was called Sea Serenity and they adored the colour. Ashton dipped the paintbrush into the paint and began to cut in, the blue already adding colour and comfort to the room.
**********

The sun was beginning to set as they finished the second coat of their living space. The blue had proved a wonderful choice on Luke's part and Ashton had chosen to paint the kitchen sandy yellow/gold whilst they had decided together to paint their bedroom cream. Both the bedroom and the kitchen had only hand one coat but they were incredibly impressed with the colours. They were both crammed onto a blanket laid on the tatty floor, browsing the furniture store on Ashton's laptop. Luckily, the electric still worked and their internet was still registered. So far the pair had purchased a three seated black cotton sofa, an oak coffee table, a flat screen television and a bed. Luke was shocked when Ashton told him that he had been in a band and had a fair amount of money saved up. The pair were beginning to become tired and Ashton had pulled the cover over the both of them.

"I'm so happy." Luke yawned with a goofy smile.

"So I am." Ashton replied with surprise lacing his voice.
**********

They had been in Cairns for six months now. Their flat was completely decorated and just how they wanted it. They had fallen irrevocably in love with each other, admitting it to themselves as well as their partner. They were official and they couldn't be happier. Ashton had been having less panic attacks and Luke had stopped self-harming. Their lives had greatly improved and each time they looked at one another, their chemistry only increased.

"I love you." Luke said confidently to Ashton as he pecked him lightly on the lips.

"I love you too." Ashton replied with a content smile.
**********
I'm sorry I finished it badly...
Honestly, I have too many ideas so yeah...
Peace out✌