Colors and Promises

-----------Rose's POV-------------

"Yeah I know dad, I know! We're like three minutes away, tell mom okay? Bye. What? Oh yeah, I love you too."

I blinked a few times and looked at the leather of the escalade, recalling the events from the previous night I looked to Michaelangelo who was sipping on a coffee.

He looked tired.

"Good morning princess." He spoke.

"We're almost home, my dad just called. I'm just going to apologize for my mother's behavior in advance."

"What do you mean?"

I asked.

"Well...she can be pretty "hands on", if you know what I mean."

I didn't know what he meant, but I nodded anyway.

"This is it."

He smiled as he rolled down the windows, the fresh scent of pine needles invading my nostrils.

The house we came up to was glorious in all it's mystery. The roof was as black as tar and the trimming for the windows were all different colors. The house itself was narrow and the door was shaped like a triangle, the knob resting in the middle.

Just then a small woman rushed from the house as Michaelangelo cut the engine.

He hopped out of his seat and opened my door for me.

"Brace yourself."

He mumbled as the woman came closer.

"My son! Oh thank the gods you've returned, and you've brought your gorgeous mate. I'm truly so happy for the both of you. Come now, your father will be wanting words with you."

She nodded towards us, leading us inside.

"Son, you go on upstairs and speak to your father. Rose and I will start on some dinner, if you'd like to help of course."

Michaelangelo's mother placed a hand on my shoulder, turning me towards the kitchen door.

Hands on was definitely an appropriate description.

"No I don't mind at all."

I smiled, looking over my shoulder at Michaelangelo who was now heading up the stairs.

—-Michaelangelo's POV---

I lifted my hand to knock on my father's door when it flew open.

I stood eye to eye with my father for what felt like an eternity.

"Son."

He nodded, taking my forehead and pressing it to his.

"Congratulations."

He smiled as he pulled me into the room, gesturing to me to close the door.

"Thank you, mom said you wanted to talk to me about something."

I responded.

"We need to talk about Rose, she needs to know the truth-"

I cut him off before he could finish.

"I know what I have to do, I don't need you to hold my hand."

I snapped.

"Then be a man and get on with it. You're wasting time."

I nodded at him and turned for the door, I couldn't waste anymore time.

••

"Smells great mom, I can't wait to eat."