Part 3

Santana's pov

After everyone left, I got ready for the day. As I was almost finished doing my hair, my doorbell rang. I quickly did the finishing touches to my hair and went to answer the door.

I swung the door open and it was Oscar, again. Maybe this time he'll yell at me. Oh God I hope not, I'm sensitive and I know that I will start crying.

"Hey" He said, in a softer tone than he had yesterday. "Uh, hi" I said, confused by his change in tone. "I'm sorry for the way that I acted yesterday, those flowers were from me, not from Cesar." He said. "Why did you say that then?" I asked him. "I don't know, I chickened out of talking to you." He said. "Why are you scared to talk to me?" I asked. "We didn't end on a good note and I want to apologize for that. I should have never tried to hold you back from what you wanted. It was really selfish of me to do and I'm sorry." He said. I took in Oscar's words, I know how stubborn he is and how hard it is for him to apologize. "I forgive you," I told him. He looked at me with hopeful eyes and a small grin, "Really?" He asked. "Yeah, it was four years ago Oscar. You're the most stubborn person I know and the fact that you wanted to apologize shows me that you've grown as a person, so I forgive you." I told him.

"I missed you." he said, hugging me. "I missed you too." I replied back. He smelled like the cologne I bought him when we were still together. It was my favorite scent. We went inside and catched up for a while. Hearing about the events that happened while I was gone was different. A lot of bad things happened, but instead of making up excuses for himself or the santos like he usually would, he took accountability and he looked annoyed and upset about the things that have taken place.He told me he wanted to change and make a better life for himself. I always knew he had potential to do great things, he just had to get out of the "gang leader" mindset. We hung out for so long I forgot the plans I made for today.

"Do you want to go get dinner with me? You don't have to if you don't want to." He said, acting nervous. I've never seen Oscar so nervous like this before. "Yeah, I'd love to." I told him. He smiled. "Alright let's go." I grabbed my purse and we headed out the door. He opened the passenger door of his Impala for me. Oh the memories in this car.

 He took me to the taco shop that used to be our hang out spot. Nothing has changed, there's still the drunk old men sitting in front. "Ay mami! lemme show you a good time." One of them slurred. I grabbed onto Oscar's arm as he mean mugged the old men. We went inside and found a booth to sit in. After we ordered, we started reminiscing about the memories we made together. "Remember when our dads would take us to get ice cream on Sundays? I used to always eat off your ice cream." Oscar said. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Yeah and you always said I had to share because you were older than me."

(Flashback)
"Can I have some?" Oscar asked. "No! You already ate yours Oscar!" I said licking my strawberry ice cream cone. "You have to share Santana!" Oscar said, pouting. "Why?" I questioned him. "Because I'm older than you." He said, crossing his arms. "You're only two years older than me." I said holding up two fingers. "I'm still older" he said, shrugging. I rolled my eyes and handed him my cone. He ate my ice cream with a smile on his face. "Look at the txwo love birds back there." Ray said to my dad. "We're not love birds!" I said, crossing my arms.
(End of flashback)

Oscar laughed. "You did listen to me though. Then Cesar came along and started eating off of you too." He said. I laughed. "I miss him being little and you chasing him around the house." 

(Another flashback)

"Get in the shower Cesar!" Oscar yelled while chasing a young and dirty Cesar around the house. Cesar was crying and running away from Oscar while I was doing homework on the kitchen table. Cesar ran to me. "Cesar, calm down." I said, wiping his tears. "But he's being mean!" He said pointing to Oscar. "Why don't you take a shower, get super clean and we'll play games after." I said tickling his sides. He laughed. "Can you make cookies too?" He asked. I nodded my head yes as Cesar ran to the bathroom. Oscar sighed. " How are you always so patient with him?" He asked while helping me make cookies. "Sometimes tough love doesn't always work, babe. You have to be a little soft with him sometimes." I said sticking a pan of cookie dough into the oven. "Worked with me" He said. I gave him a small kiss, "Well, he's different from you, so please at least try." I told him. He sighed, "Okay, I'll try" After Cesar was done showering we played monopoly. "Oscar, stop putting the money in your boxers!" I said while laughing. Yeah that's gross!" Cesar yelled. Oscar started laughing.

(End of flashback)

Oscar smiled. "I miss us." He said, looking down at my hands. "I miss us too, but we have to start over. Things are different" I said, holding his hand. "As friends?" He questioned. "Best friends. We've always been best friends since day one." I told him. We both smiled at each other.

Our food came and we began eating. I told Oscar about this culinary program that my friend's dad runs. "I don't know, with my record and the way I look they probably won't want me." He said. I could see all the self doubt he had. "Oscar, don't let "Spooky" define you. I know that you're so talented and so intelligent and I know you can do this. It won't hurt to try." I told him. He looked at me with a small smile on his face. "Okay, I'll apply." He said taking my cup of horchata and sipping it. I glared at him and all he did was laugh.

After we got done eating we went for a cruise in the impala. It's crazy how after four years of being apart, it only takes a day for us to go back to how we used to be. I know to everyone else he's Spooky but with me he's still my sweet Oscar. He stopped at the beach. 

We sat on a big rock and stared at the ocean. "It's so beautiful at night." I said. He nodded. "When I got out this was the first place I went to. It makes you feel at peace." He said. I put my head on his shoulder. I could feel his eyes on me as I looked at the scenery. I looked up at him. "Why are you staring at me? Weirdo" I said. He laughed, "What? I can't look at you now?" He said. I giggled and smiled up at him. He tucked strands of my hair behind my ear. There wasn't much space between us but Oscar filled the empty space by kissing me. The spark was still there and I felt the hunger in his kisses. I wanted him just as much, but I couldn't let us move this quickly. I slowly pulled away from him. "We can't do this" I said softly. " It's gonna be really hard just to stay best friends." He said, holding my hand. I played with his fingers. "I know, but we have to try."