Chapter 1

(Flashback)
I woke up early this morning to go out for a run. Both me and my wolf missed the grass under our feet and the wind in our fur. I walked to the edge of the forest enjoying the nice weather. Today seemed like it would be a good day. When I got to the edge of the woods I stripped my clothes and put them by a nearby tree.

I felt my wolf's excitement as she knew she would get the chance to take over. I shifted within a few seconds and we started our run. After an hour or so I thought it would be good to head back. I was meeting with Ronnie, my boyfriend, who was taking me out on a date today.

When I got back to my house I headed upstairs my parents weren't home and they were probably doing pack business. I got in my room, stripped my clothes and hopped into the shower. When I got out of the shower I dried my hair and went to the closest to pick something out to wear today. I decided to go with a nice floral pattern dress that flowed out at the waste since the weather was nice today.

I went to the mirror to do my make up keeping it to a minimum, and let my natural waves of my hair flow out instead of tying it up. I looked at my full body mirror and liked what I saw. Knowing that Ronnie would like what I saw too.

I headed to the pack house debating on whether I should tell Ronnie I'm on my way but I decided not to because I wanted to surprise him. I walked through the doors and it was as loud as ever. Children running around mothers gossiping to themselves in little groups. I smiled at everyone that I passed by heading up the stairs to Ronnie's room.

As I got closer with my wolf hearing I could hear moans coming from one of the rooms. I thought how some wolves did not waste any time to get down and dirty between the sheets. Wolves are very animalistic though so I shrugged it off and kept walking towards Ronnie's room. The moans and groans were getting louder the closer I got to his door and I was not ready for what I saw on the other side.

I hoped that he was watching porn on full blast and not actually doing the act himself. I could get over the porn, but I could never get over him cheating on me. Not wasting any time I swung the door open and instant anger and sadness filled my chest when I saw Ronnie hovering over some slut.

"Ronnie what the fuck are you doing?" I closed my eyes trying to contain my anger. I saw him scramble off the girl and she covered herself with the sheet. As if I'd ever want to look at what's under but obviously my ex boyfriend did. "How could you do this."

He looked at me as if he had seen a ghost, and went pale in the face. His mouth opened and closed like a fish, trying to find the right thing to say. Even though there would never be a right thing to say. "Baby you didn't tell me you were coming." At that moment I lost my mind. Next thing I know Ronnie is throwing curses at me and when I came too his face was all busted up.
"You crazy b*tch" was all I heard as I stormed out of his room. I thought today would be a good day, but it was one of the worst days I had in a long time.

I decided to head into the woods and take yet another run to calm my nerves. I needed to let my wolf out. I could feel her itching to come to the surface. "Don't worry girl I'll let you out soon." My wolf was hurt, but not as much as I was, it felt as though she was expecting something. Not wanting to dwell upon it further I ran faster trying to get to the woods as fast I could in my human form. I don't know why I thought Ronnie would be our mate, I just had this hope that my mate wouldn't be too far from me and I held on to the fact that Ronnie was my mate. I must've been blinded by my love for him.

He used to tell me how he felt this pull towards me that he really believed we could be mates. Just like a fool I believed him, but I guess that was all a lie. We were dating for a year and two months. I never doubted one second because he made me happy. Then he turns around and does this to me after all this time I've been faithful.

He always told me he would wait for me, wait until I knew for sure that he was my mate before we had sex. He told me that he was okay with that, and all he needed was my company and he would be satisfied. I guess me just being there wasn't satisfying enough. Did I make him wait too long? No I didn't it's my body and he should have respected me but instead he betrayed me.

I had yet to find out who my mate would be. In a year, I would know who was supposed to hold my heart forever, and I prayed to the Moon Goddess that it wouldn't be Ronnie. Then that would really be a cruel game she was playing with my heart. I told her that I would be good from now on if she would just not hurt me further with that. If he is, I probably would reject him because once a cheater always a cheater right. I really don't know what I'd do. I'd probably die on the spot of surprise and heartache. That's too much for a girl to handle.

I finally reached the edge of the woods and stripped myself of my clothes so I wouldn't rip them in the process. I shifted into my beautiful dark grey wolf with white paws and a white ear. I ran deep into the forest until I got to the clearing that had our lake.

Our pack land was big; you could run for miles and still not reach the end. I was a part of the Blue Moon Pack, not the largest pack but we were a decent size. I took a drink from the lake, and while I sat there enjoying the scenery I felt eyes watching me, and I turned around to see these icy blue eyes staring at me. I felt my wolf stir not understanding why, thinking she was warning me that this person was a threat. I got in my stance ready to attack if this wolf decided to pounce. Just as I was ready to growl at the wolf, it turned around and walked away.

Those icy blue eyes would continue to haunt my dreams but in such a beautiful way.
(End of Flashback)

I bumped my cart into another one forgetting that I was walking around the supermarket. That memory still so vivid in my mind hurt so much that I would find myself thinking about it from the slightest reminder. This time the reminder was double stuffed Oreos. His favorite. I found myself glaring at the package as if it had done me some harm.

Then there were those eyes I could feel burning into my wolf. Ever since that day I felt like they were always watching me. Creepy much. That all happened a year ago. Still in my thoughts I didn't notice the stranger that was in front of me picking up the things in their cart that had fallen out when I bumped into them.
I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of a throat being cleared. I looked up to see deep dark pools of green watching me in amusement. "I wouldn't want to be those Oreos." Confusion crossed my face as this handsome stranger spoke. Reading the look on my face he spoke up again.

"You were glaring at them like they killed your cat or something." He said with a smirk. "The name is Trent by the way, the owner of the cart you hit about 5 minutes ago." 5 minutes? I was daydreaming for 5 minutes? "Hello" He waved his hand in my face. "Are you going to say something?" I blinked a couple of times until I could finally come back to reality.

"Sorry about your cart." I blushed deeply embarrassed by my zone out and for hitting his cart.

"No problem gorgeous. Can't get mad at a pretty girl." And just like that he was gone, and I was again stuck alone in my thoughts. But instead of that heart aching memory I was left with a new one. Green eyes and a handsome face to go with them.