Crash landing

I'm not gonna die!

I'm not gonna die!

I'm not gonna die.

That's what I'm chanting internally as I fall to my possible death, but on the outside, I'm a fucking mess.

I cry out as the wind pounds against my body. We're positioned with our hands at our sides and feet together. This allows us to fall more quickly and I'm this close to wetting myself because of the speed we're at.

"I'm going to die!"

My words are inaudible against the harsh wind rushing past my ears. My stomach coils in fear as we continue to free fall, the air putting up resistance. My eyes are clamped shut as I scream. Dylan grabs my arms outstretching them and he widens my legs, my body positioned like a starfish. We start to fall more slowly than before but it's still quite fast.

The wind is brutal and the sun beats against my irritated skin, which has possibly turned a harsh red colour. My insides are twisted into a knot and not even the feel of Dylan's body behind me makes me relax.

I really hate this!

I hear mumbling near my ear but the words are drowned by the wind. I know it's Dylan trying to soothe me but the erratic beating of my heart and the feeling of my body continuing to fall instills my fear of pummelling to my death.

Oh my god, I'm not going to see my family again!

My baby won't meet her daddy and Dylan won't know about her!

Those thoughts float around in my head and my body trembles as my head starts to pulse. I clamp my eyes more tightly as a tear slips from it and the wind carries it away within a nanosecond.

I'm so scared...

I feel an arm wrap around my torso, caressing my stomach and my breathing starts to relax. This is his way of telling me to trust that he'll get us down safely. Fighting against the wind, I bring my left hand to clutch his right hand that lays in my stomach.

I trust you. My gesture says and he squeezes my hand before removing it from my body as we return to the starfish position.

We continue to fall for a few more seconds and I scream, my heart flying to my throat as we're suddenly pulled back. My eyes snap open on their own accord and my breath halts in my throat as I see my feet dangling above green blobs a few metres away that I'm assuming are trees.

The wind's speed relaxes by a fucking lot and I look above me to see an open parachute. On it is Jeff's Copters along with some numbers but I don't dwell on it. I instead look back at the man behind me.

He's the embodiment of calm. He manoeuvres the parachute steadily using the links and strings that connect to the large canopy.

He looks down at me with a smile and I return it shakily, my hands latching on to his biceps. He chuckles at my actions as he pulls on the right link and we go in said direction.

We fall steadily for a few minutes until the trees get closer, probably 50 metres away. My eyes take a few seconds to admire the beauty of the island of Bellator, the greenness of the trees, the white sandy beaches and the clear, blue Caribbean Sea surrounding the island.

Breathtaking...

"Does anything look familiar to you?" Dylan asks from behind me breaking me from my moment of admiration. "Any landmarks that can lead us to the compound?"

I look around trying to find anything remotely familiar. The sun beats down on us and I find myself sweating profoundly even with the wind around us. I swipe away a layer of sweat continuing my search and my heart beats frantically as I spot it.