Epilogue

Dear Mom,

It's been a while. I'm sorry I haven't written in this journal recently, I've just been so busy. You understand, right?

There are so many things I need to tell you, but I feel like you already know most of the story. So, I'll try to keep this entry short.

Once, we were divided. Six tribes of music that closed off all others, because back then, differences mattered more than anything else. Now, we know that our ancestors were wrong.

Music is meant to bring us together, not tear us apart. Back when I destroyed the strings, my death opened up every trolls' eyes in a new way. Upon my rebirth, our entire world changed in the blink of an eye. However, I knew this change wasn't going to be easy for everybody.

After Titus and I had our wedding-coronation, we gathered all the troll leaders to discuss where to go from there. Titus thought it would be a great idea to form some kind of committee where us troll leaders would discuss any problems that may be occurring throughout Trollstopia, and what could be done to stop them. We took a vote and we all agreed that it was a great idea! Thus, the Council of Harmony was created.

Trollex visits us several times a week just to hang out and bond. Catching up with him and making up for lost time is the best thing ever. He even has a room in the castle all to himself for when he stays the night.

He still hasn't found a queen yet, but I think he might soon. It's just my motherly senses kicking in :3

...that and one of my new friends, Highlight, who is also a techno troll, told me. She has a habit of spotting potential romances out of the corner of her eye.

On her most recent visit, she told me that she saw Trollex bump into one of her close friends the other day after a rave, and he immediately clammed up and swam away.

Get it? Clammed up? Ahahaha...I'm sorry...

When I asked Highlight who she was, because I obviously really wanted to know, I think she told me her name was...Cora? I'm not sure, I've met a lot of different trolls, and sometimes its hard to keep their names straight if I've never met them face-to-face before. I'll just have to wait and see what happens between the two of them...if anything happens at all.

Anyways, after 46 years of uncertainty, I have finally figured out my role in this world and why I was created. Our ancestors created me to restore peace and show every troll that our differences are what makes each and every one of us so unique. We shouldn't be hiding them; we should be putting them on display for everyone to see.

Everything that has happened to me in my life, both good and bad, has led me to this moment. Would I go back and change anything?...Maybe, but if I did, I probably wouldn't be here.

I may have lived under a storm cloud for most of my life, but now the storm is over, and I can finally see my rainbow.

Titus and I now rule over a kingdom where anything can happen! We host parties and sing as loud as we want! Sometimes, individual troll leaders will come visit us randomly so they can play music for me specifically. I think it's their way of expressing their gratitude.

This is where we are today. Sitting side by side, ruling over Trollstopia as one...so, I guess I just want to say thank you, mom. Thank you for helping me figure out my purpose. Without you, I would've never became the troll you saw in my eyes all those years ago.

When I asked you if we could visit the other troll kingdoms, you could've said no...

But you didn't...and because of that, I am forever in your debt.

From your little ray of sunshine:

-Roxanne

I closed my journal and sighed, feeling content. I had a dream recently that my mother wanted me to start writing down what has been going on in my life. Maybe doing so makes it easier for her to know what I'm up to from the other side, I'm not sure. She didn't specify why.

I still miss her more and more each day, but I'm glad I got some closure with her spirit back at Volcano Rock City. Now I know I've made her proud with what I have become.

"Roxy!" I heard Titus yell up the stairs towards my study. I rolled my chair over to the door and cracked it open.

"Yes?" I called out.

"Trollzart's Orchestra is here! They want to play you something!" I heard some incoherent mumbling, then Titus shouted back up the stairs, "He says to bring your violin just in case you wanna play along with them!"

"Really?" I opened the door all the way and scooted out into the hallway. "What song is it? I'm asking just in case if I need to grab the sheet music."

"Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata?"

"BEET OVEN?!" I screeched. I could hear Titus starting to giggle to himself. "He's my favorite deaf composer! I've got all his songs memorized! Alright! I'm on my way down!" I shouted back excitedly.

I quickly rolled back into the study room, grabbed my violin case, and dashed out the door.

My future as the harmony troll is a mystery, but I know there is one thing that is for certain.

From this day forward, no matter what happens, nothing will ever come between me and Titus ever again, I'll make sure of it.

For he will always be my king...

And I...

Will forever be...

His queen.

The End