Talk about choking

Hey, I just wanted to try out a wee story that I was thinking about. I had a dream the other night and the idea kinda popped into my head lol.

so.. tell me what you think, don't be too harsh this is my first time writing and considering I'm only 14 (going on 15 woop woop :P ) I don't really have a lot experience in writing a story so bare with me lol. 

Thanks anyway and enjoy :D x

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

 Chaper 1!  =)

  Darkness. I could hear the dull murmur of voices in the background and the thick but soft roar of the sea. Where was I? I couldn't pinpoint it but there was definitely water near. I was fading in and out unsure of when I would regain my conscious mind. I was seeing flashes, but only of bright light then complete darkness, it made me dizzy. Through the mass of voices, one stood out and he was taking control, I felt as though I could trust him, unsure why but it was tugging at me that I could. 

  There was a sudden burst of pressure  placed between both my rips, just below my chest and if I had the ability to squirm at that very moment I would. Then wind rushed through my windpipe. I heaved and water spurted from my mouth, the stranger rolled me over and patted my back gently  - like a mother would do to care for her baby - to remove the remaining water that had earlier drowned my lungs while chanting soft soothing words of encouragement. The rough dryness of my throat stung as I fell into a coughing fit. My lungs ached with every shaky breathe. The stranger - I would have to ask his name - told the crowd that all is well and they could leave and give me some room, the bustling body's that had surrounded us watching the show moments ago dispersed.

 I gave a silent thanks to him, I had never been that great with an audience never mind everyone staring at me. Finally the coughing had subsided but the ache was still ever present. I tried to speak but all that escaped was a groan.  Lying on my back was becoming more uncomfortable as the seconds dragged on.

"H-help m-me up p-plea.." before i could strain my voice enough he had lifted me into sitting position.

Giving a rasping cough I attempted to speak again. "T-thank y-you." he reached behind him and pulled out a bottle of water.  

 The thick liquid splashed against the plastic container and glittered and the sun hit it. My life line. He passed the bottle into my hands but soon realised that they were shaking to much to keep control of the bottle and removed it and placed the bottle on the edge of my lips, lifting it ever so slightly to let a thin trickle of water quench my  mouth. The blissful cool liquid enveloped my mouth and throat, soothing the roughness and taking the salty taste with it. I couldn't be more grateful for this guy's kindness. Once I had devoured the full bottle, he put the cap back on and put it back in his bag where I realised it must have come from.

 For the first time I got a good look at him. He was around my age, maybe a year older so around that age 16 or 17. He had gorgeous blue eyes, with little specks of grey throughout them, and his hair was a dark brown but just fell down into his eyes a little due to it being wet - I was dying to run my hands through it. His white t-shirt was drenched  and clung to his perfectly sculpted abs, and showed of his biceps. I had to admit he was absolutely stunning with his strong jaw, angular features and big lips. Kind of male model-ish but minus the cocky attitude that came along with that, he seemed proud and in charge. A leader.

 God! I'm getting ahead of myself. I have just really set my eyes on the dude and that's what I think of him. A blush creeps up my cheeks as I realise that he is still looking at me. 'How are you feeling?' His voice is husky but there is a hint of concern.

"Uh, I've been better and my hair had definitely seen better days." I laugh, my voice is still a little rough but wasn't nearly as bad. Water has some healing powers - Ha! isn't that uncanny I had nearly just drowned but all of a sudden the water is the saviour. I try to tame my mane of curls but give up quickly. His shoulders tremble a little when he laughs lightly with me.

"Well at least your breathing now and your voice isn't as bad" He gives me a shy smile, it's like a little boy's. Aw he is just so adorable! If I could I would put him in my purse and run I would, but in his case I would need a 6ft 3 box with property of Hope Bradley printed on the front. That thought must have been plastered on my face or he could read my mind because he gave a burst of laughter and my blush deepened, but I laughed with him. My embarrassment left soon and I couldn't help but marvel at  his musical laughter. His laughing calmed but there was still a smile on his face showing beautiful white teeth. He stood up and wiped the clinging sand that sat on his shorts and legs.

 "Here I'll help you up" He thrust his hand towards me and I put mine in it, it was huge in comparison.

 "Uh thanks" I started wiping my self down, thank god I decided that I would wear my one piece today.

 When I was finally sand free, I realised that I still hadn't asked his name.

 "I'm a complete idiot, I forgot to ask earlier but what's your name?" He laughed at my sudden out burst, we had been in complete silence before.

"It's Jesse and yours?" Of course, he would have to have one of my favourite names.

 "I'm Hope, nice to meet you" I laughed at this, I could think of plenty of other ways to meet him, but this will have to do. He put out his hand again but this time to shake it.

"It's nice to meet you too, Hope." I loved the sound of my name on his lips. "So are you new here? I've never seen you before."

"Yeah, I just moved here, thought I would go for a little swim I never suspected that the swells would be so... vicious." Shuddering I felt a little embarrassed that I had just got here and had been caught in the waves, when I had only wanted a little dip.

 "Well at least your OK now, no damage done." He smiled. I'm glad one of us thought of it that way, because I was dying of embarrassment inside. I bowed my head and peeked up at him through my hair that had fell down my face and attempting to hide my burning cheeks. I stood there a moment longer but the time was ticking and I was due back for dinner.

 Smiling I said "Well I should get going, I'm expected back home" I turned to go but he stopped me reaching for my arm. "Wait!" I looked up at him and he suddenly dropped my arm a little embarrassed that he had.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" I pondered on the idea of him walking me home, us strolling down the beach. I snapped myself out of my reverie and realised that I had two very eager and non-shy parents at home.

"U-uh, I really need to get going, maybe another time" I smiled reasuringly so that it didn't seem that I was out-right declining him. I turned around again and headed towards the stairs just up a little from where I was standing. "I'll see you around" I shouted over my shoulder and started a slow paced run back home.