chapter 20

hyunjin muttered a thank you as he got his card back from the cashier, he quickly grabbed the plastic bag of strawberries. seungmin wanted strawberries that morning but when hyunjin checked in the fridge, he noticed that they ran out of said fruit, so he had no choice but to make a quick stop at the nearest supermarket when seungmin nagged at him for not stacking enough strawberries, saying that if he has enough strength to go out, he'll get the strawberries himself.

hyunjin hopped in his car, putting the plastic bag on the passenger seat. he quickly drove off, not wanting another episode of seungmin nagging at him for keeping him waiting. pulling off smoothly to an allotted parking space in front of their house, hyunjin grabbed the plastic bag and went out of the car.

on his way to their house, he stopped for a moment to answer his phone after seeing jisung's caller id. he chuckled when he heard a high pitched voice on the other line, jisung chuckled too.

"its still so hard making them sleep early last night" jisung sighed exasperatedly. "and still when they woke up they started running and playing around the house again, geez these children got so much energy in the morning, minho's still sleeping while i need to wake up early just to keep an eye on them and prepare breakfast" he added, more like whined.

hyunjin chuckled heartedly. jino doesn't have school that day, so yesterday he asked if he could have an overnight with minjae, seungmin called jisung and asked if jino could stay over, jisung saying yes immediately because minjae is more than happy to have jino at their house. hyunjin's suppose to get jino later at afternoon.

"thanks for having jino over tho, i can't quiet keep an eye over him because i'm focusing on seungmin at the same time. it will be his due date one of these days so i'm double alert" he muttered softly, putting the plastic bag for a moment to unlock their front door.

"no worries, we understand that you need to give extra care to seungmin. you even took a work from home just to keep an eye on him now that he's giving birth soon " jisung chuckled before hyunjin heard him remind minjae and jino to quiet down.

hyunjin entered their house, getting out of his shoes and proceeding to the living room which he assumed where seungmin was, but the latter wasn't there. his forehead creased, is seungmin at their room? hyunjin shook his head, nope, seungmin can't climb the stairs without his help because of his tummy. at the kitchen then?

"yeah, my secretary's so reliable that i could take a work from home" hyunjin replied to jisung as he proceed to walk to the kitchen.

"it's a nice decision to take a work from home though, even minho hyung did that" jisung chuckled.

"yeah, it—"

hyunjin didn't finish his words when he heard a glass shattered followed by seungmin calling for his name at the kitchen.

"hyunjin!"

the said name's eyes widened as hyunjin felt his heart beating abnormally as he realized what might be the reason for seungmin to scream like that. he had mentally prepare himself before in case this happen, but when he ran inside the kitchen and saw seungmin clutching his stomach, breathing heavily and obviously in pain, it was as if all the preparation that hyunjin did vanished and he's now lost, trying to calm himself because he don't want to faint in nervousness like minho did before.

"hyunjin? what's that? why'd seungmin scream?" jisung asked from the other line, hyunjin remembered that he was still on the phone with jisung. "don't tell me he's giving birth?!" the latter burst.

hyunjin sighed, calming himself. "i think so. i'm bringing him to the hospital now, please take care of jino" he explained quickly, strudging towards seungmin and observing the shattered glass on the floor. hyunjin assumed that seungmin lost his grip on the glass because of the pain on his stomach. he sighed in relief when he observed that seungmin got no bruise or any wounds from the shattered glass.