Graveyard

I find myself searching for abnormal, unusual and mysterious places. And for some reason: I go to a graveyard. This site has had reports of people going missing. Vanished. No one seems to hold the answer; so I'd like to investigate. Unfortunately for me, it's my sisters wedding in 72 hours! I wouldn't miss it for anything. I choose to investigate on the peculiar place tonight. As this will be my only chance (police shall do further investigations on this also; closing off the site for some time). I leave my house and, desolated, I storm off. Storming off to my destination in the dead of night. I rush in great haste and leave for: the graveyard.

I gradually entered the graveyard. Isolated. Creak! The gate made an echoing sound, only reminding me of my isolation. The dark magpies flew hastily past my head. Drip. I felt a drop of rain land on me. Middle of the night. Raining. Could it get any worse? I silently crept down the damaged and wrecked stairs. The moon was glooming over me, like a God, being my only source of light (somehow my torch had run out of batteries and I hadn't any spare). An owl hooted ominously in the distance.

As I past the trees, their branches reached out and grabbed me. I felt uncomfortable and ensnared. I cautiously brushed past them out of my way. Being careful. Careful not to injure myself. The wind whistled and brutally blew into my worried face. Petrified. Unaware of what could happen next...

The ferocious fog arose, which made me have second thoughts on this terrible journey. Not knowing what was planned for me; there was a horrific cry for 'help'! Who was this? Where were they? Multiple more questions came flooding into my head. Another call for 'help' exclaimed. Deafening. It was horrible. That scream could torture any man for the rest of their days. What was going on?

Obviously I ran. I tried to escape so hastily, but little did know that someone had a different idea: keeping me a prisoner! A man, hooded, came up behind me. I did not sense his presence. Thinking it was only me; he went to knock me out unconscious and proceeded to drag me away...

I awoke to the drums of a ceremony! What was happening? Where am I? I wondered on if the man who screamed for 'help' is a victim of these people. Was he here? Yes. He was here. However, it would seem as if he were deceased. Unless one could survive decapitation, I'd say he was certainly among the dead! It was a gruesome sight to behold. These freaks hadn't only decapitated the poor guy, his scalp was taken off: revealing his brain!

Disgusted and terrified as to what may happen next, I attempted to make an escape. Great! They had tied me up to a metal pole with tough and dense rope. I am truly about to die! Shocked in fear, a couple tears roll down my face. One of these men came up to me; noticing I had awoken. "We're not really sorry for this; it's just that you're unlucky enough to come across us." He speaks to me. He speaks fine English, but that doesn't mean anything for his personality. "Now as a usual tradition: we'll take off your head and remove your scalp: showing your brain! It's actually not too bad eating humans!" He mutters close to my face. He takes a bite out of some kind of meat; presumably the previous man who was murdered. "You should try it some time. Oh wait: you can't!" He jokes to his fellow companions, implying to my soon and inevitable death.

Suddenly, there are red and blue lights flashing in the distance. Could it be? Yes, it is! The police have come just in time to rescue me. The cannibals repeat several curses in shock that this 'tradition' shall meet its demise. The man who spoke to me rushes over with a knife, intending to murder me. The police arrive and get out their cars. They pull out their weapons. The cannibals freeze in motion.

About 30 minutes later, whilst I am back at the graveyard, the monsters are all arrested and admit to the killings. I ask to speak to the one who spoke to me. The policemen allow this. I approach him. I steadily get towards him and, as terrified as I was, I say: "Why? Why did you do this?" He leans in closer to me. He whispers into my ear, so the others don't hear. "Because it made me happy!" He whispers so sinister, that it still haunts me now.