Yours, Mine, and...No, it's yours, hers, and I want nothing to do with ours.

This story is going in a different direction than I had originally planned. Sorry for the wait, I will be posting again soon. I am working on chapter three now. What did you think about the end of this chapter?

Vote and Comment

xoxo Natasha <3

"...do you two know each other?" Harlan asked.

"Yeah" I said slowly. "He's my brother...twin brother to be exact."

An awkward silence ensued after this. No one knew what to say, especially not me or Brody. We hadn't seen each other in years and hadn't talked more than a few sentences to each other since our last birthday.

"So," I said, breaking the silence. "How have you been?"

"Good." he said hesitantly. "You?"

"Fine."

"That wasn't weird or anything." Randy said. "You guys are siblings and you're talking like you're just meeting."

"Well," Brody said turning to Randy. "I haven't seen her in a couple years and the last time we talked was on my birthday. So it kind of is like we are just meeting."

"Yeah." I said slowly. "So, how was your guys' night?"

"Good." Harlan said. "We had a game today, we lost though."

"I know, I was there. I go to the school that you played against; Cornel High."

"Wait," Harlan said. "You two live in the same city but don't talk? Do you know how sad that is?"

"We grew apart?" I said, but it sounded more like a question.

It was stupid that we lived in the same city but didn't talk. After we turned fifteen we just lost contact, it was when Patricia came into my life and he had gotten onto the football team, which in Texas was huge.

"Anyway," Brody said. "If you were at the game, why didn't I see you cheering? Or do you not do that anymore?"

I loved to cheer it was my passion, I had wanted to become a Dallas cowboy. But when Patricia moved in, she convinced my dad to make me quit cheering. She said that it was wrong and a girl my age shouldn't running around in tiny skirts and tops and letting guys catch me. She said that it wasn't a very lady like thing, she made it seem as though I was letting the guy look up my skirt on purpose. No, they have to look up to make sure I don't fall and potentially kill myself.

"Dad made me quit." I huffed.

"That doesn't sound like dad." he said. "He always encouraged your cheering."

"Yeah well, that's changed," I said. "Besides, you really wouldn't know what dad is like anymore would you?"

"I guess not." he said shortly. "So what are you doing sitting out here by yourself?"

"I was at a party," I told him. "The cops came and broke it up, I went a different way then my friends and wound up here. But they're coming to get me."

"So you've been drinking?" he asked.

I debated answering that, the face he made when he asked me was the same one my dad makes when he knows that I have been doing something that he doesn't approve of.

"Yeah." I said uncertainly.

"You shouldn't be drinking Blair." Brody said reprovingly.

"You don't have a say in what I do." I told him. "I've been drinking since freshman year."

"There's no need to be mean." Harlan said. "He's just looking out for you."

I blinked. Really? The last time we talked all he said was 'happy birthday' and 'I hope you have a good one.'. He didn't keep a relationship with me, so he has no right to be mad that I'm drinking.

"He hasn't looked out for me since the eighth grade, why now?" I asked.

Just then, Sarah's pink Lexus convertible pulled into the parking lot. Ashley, Kaitlin, and Sarah had worried looks on their faces.

"Blair!" they shouted, when they saw me.

I stood up and walked over to them.

"Thank Prada you're okay." Sarah said hugging me. "We were all so worried, especially Lucas."

"Well, I'm fine." I said, laughing.

Before I could tell them that we should go, Brody walked over to us.

"Blair." he said, even after all this time, I knew what that voice meant.

I sighed and turned around. "Fine. Sarah, Ashley, Kaitlin, this is Brody; my brother. They're in my grade and I have known them since freshman year."

"You have a brother?" Kaitlin asked, noticing the guys for the first time.

"Yeah, but we don't talk. So I never mentioned him."

My friends seemed to accept this answer, it was valid to them so they let it go.

"Well, come on." Sarah said. "Like I said, Lucas has been freaking out and you're dad has apparently been calling my house none stop."

"Stupid Patricia." I groaned.

"Well, bye Brody." I waved. "Tell mom I say 'hi'."