꧁ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕀꧂

CRASH!

Grian heard the noise from the basement. He jumped up from the manga he was reading and darted up the stairs. "Did you guys hear that!?" Grian asked in a frenzy.

"Ya! Are you okay?" Taurtis asked in the same panicked tone.
"I'm fine. You?" Grian responded.
"We're fine," Taurtis said.

"Get your guns, this could be dangerous!" Sam commanded.
The two nodded in agreement. Grian ran to the basement to grab his rifle then back up to get the spare bullets. Taurtis grabbed his gun from next to the TV; his was already loaded. The trio ran to the main stairway.

Grian peaked up the stairs to see if anyone was coming down them. "Clear," Grian stated.
"Ready?" Sam asked his two best friends, grabbing a pistol from his inventory.
"Ready!" Taurtis and Grian replied simultaneously, turning the safeties off on their rifles.
"GO!!" Sam called. The trio began running upstairs to where the crash came from. They stopped at the top step in shock. Their roof had been smashed through, and in the middle of the crash site was a mysterious man lying on the floor, passed out.

"He must be what crashed through the roof," Grian noted, taking a few slow steps forward.
"Well no shit Sherlock," Sam retorted, following him for a few steps, then stopping at the shingles.

Grian walked over to the passed out stranger and bent down to examine the body. He was a tall man, with black hair, small, round eyes, and a large mustache that resembled Camilo Echeverry's mustache (a famous Columbian pop star). He wore a light blue armor that covered everything except his face and torso. The free faller's shiny boots, pants, and helmet were covered in two different powders; one from the insulation and drywall he fell through, and the other of mysterious origins. The drywall was a white almost cream color, very distinct from the red, almost metallic powder sprinkled all over him.

Grian checked every pocket, searching for any way to identify this mysterious man. "He has no ID, no driver's license, no visa. It's like he's no one," Grian observed out loud. He looked at the body again, checking for a pulse. "He's alive, but he's bleeding out."
"What color is his blood?" Sam asked in a commanding tone.
"Red," Grian observed.
"Okay, so he's not an alien," Sam thought out loud.

"We should take him to the hospital," Taurtis suggested.
"And what will we tell them, 'Hello, this man fell through our roof with no ID, and probably doesn't have health insurance, we don't have any money. Can you help this guy for free?'" Grian remarked.
"Uh... ya?" Taurtis said, suddenly less sure of his idea.

"You are an idiot Taurtis," Grian commented quietly, rubbing his forehead with his thumb and forefinger.
"You sure there isn't any way we can identify him?" Taurtis probed.
"Do you really wanna break into a lab to analyze his DNA?" Grian questioned.
"Uuuuuh..."

"How about us through him in a dumpster. If he lives, he lives. If he dies, if the police ask we'll blame Dom," Grian offered.  "Sound good?"
"Well, what do you think Sam?" Taurtis asked, trying to avoid Grian's suggestion.

"How did he fall through the roof and land hard enough to break it, and not die? Even with armor, there's no way he'd survive that," Sam said. "We should keep him here."
"He could be dangerous!"
"We'll take his stuff. Can't hurt us without any weapons."
"Fine! We'll keep him here to figure it out," Grian surrendered. "But as soon as we do, we're getting rid of him."
"Sounds good," Sam replied with a sly smirk.

"Why do you care so much?" Grian inquired, uneasy.
"Do you know how to clean and bandage wounds?" he asked, changing the subject.
"You didn't answer-"
"Nose goes!" Sam called, cutting Grian off.

꧁𝕠꧂

Taurtis had to remove the stranger's armor to bandage his wounds. Under the armor, he wore a black suit with a white, button-down, collared shirt with a red tie and black shoes. Who wears two pairs of shoes? And why would he be wearing armor and a suit? Taurtis treated Mr. Mysterious' wounds as carefully as he could, letting his mind wander all the while. For the past few hours, Taurtis had stuck in the dusty, cold, basement with an unconscious stranger.

Taurtis heard footsteps walk down the stairs behind him. "Hey Grian!" he spoke, not even bothering to turn around.
"How did you know it was me?" Grian asked.
"You've been putting on a little weight recently," Taurtis quipped with a smirk.
"Why you-"
"Ssssssshh, you'll wake him!" Taurtis scolded, cutting him off. "Besides, you know I'm just goofin' and gaffin'.  Sam told me he wouldn't come down here until he finds a way to trick the insurance company into paying off the roof repairs, and that'll take hours"

"Whatever. Hurry up and bandage him so I can through him out," Grian scowled.
"I already finished," Taurtis informed him. "Why do you hate them so much, you haven't even officially met yet?"
"Cause he could be dangerous! He fell from Lord knows how high and survived. We don't know who or what he is, or what he wants." Grian reasoned.
"If we don't know anything about him, then we don't know he's dangerous," Taurtis reasoned.

"How's our 'guest' doing?" Sam asked as he walked down the steps of the basement.
"Still passed out," Grian observed, loading his gun and cocking it.
"You didn't load the gun before we found him! What if he was awake!" Sam scolded.
"I forgot!" Grian shot back defensively.

"Shhhhh!" Taurtis interrupted.
"Sorry," Grian and Sam whispered in unison.
"Guys, I think he's waking up!" Taurtis whisper yelled. The three stepped back and aimed their guns at him, ready to shoot if need be.

A/N
Here it is! The not-so-long-awaited first chapter of On The Borderline.  This was surprisingly easy to write!  The hardest part was deciding on a name!  This was genuinely a whole lot of fun to write, and I can't wait to continue it!

978 words.