chapter seventeen

A/N: I'm going to give DaTzu their own chapter here ahaha! I can't help it, I love them too much. Enjoy :))

Something's a little fishy. Something's a little fishy with Dahyun and Tzuyu. Chaeyoung's been noticing that the two have been quite distant and awkward, especially at lunch. She eventually calls them out on it.

Sana and Irene started to sit with Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Tzuyu at lunch a couple days ago. That's when Chaeyoung realized the two had a huge gap between each other and didn't even make eye contact.

"Alright, now what's up with you two?" Chaeyoung asked.

Dahyun and Tzuyu looked up and gulped.

"U-Us?"

Sana rolled her eyes, "No, the two trash cans behind you- of course you two!"

Tzuyu placed her fork down, "W-What about us?"

"You guys are acting strange," Irene said.

"Um..." Dahyun said, "I-I'd have to disagree with your statement, Irene."

"Are you kidding me? You guys can't even be near each other nor look at each other!" Chaeyoung exclaimed, "What happened, you guys? You can talk to us."

"Look, nothing happened," Tzuyu stated, "Now, I'd like for us to move forward."

Dahyun nodded in response. They continued to eat and Chaeyoung, Sana, and Irene sighed hopelessly. Chaeyoung began to wonder what it was that happened between them. Why are they like this? What could've gone wrong that caused this?

"Did you ever finish the homework we got last night?" Chaeyoung asked Tzuyu when they were in class.

"No," Tzuyu chuckled, "I barely do my work."

Chaeyoung giggled, "Same with me."

The giggling stopped when Dahyun entered the classroom. Tzuyu looked down immediately and Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows. She saw how Dahyun was acting. She was looking down while walking and was sort of fidgeting as well. She watched Dahyun sit in the back with Jihyo instead of the empty seat next to Tzuyu. Tzuyu placed her backpack on the empty seat.

"Alright, there has to be something going on between you two," Chaeyoung whispered, "You guys are never like this."

Tzuyu continued to ignore eye contact, "It's nothing."

"Tzuyu. You can't just push me away," Chaeyoung whisper shouted, "We're friends. The three of us are best friends. I just can't continue living with the elephant in the room."

Tzuyu sighed and finally looked at Chaeyoung. The latter frowned.

"It's... It's quite embarrassing on my part," Tzuyu muttered.

Chaeyoung's eyebrows furrowed, "Embarrassing? Embarrassing how?"

Tzuyu exhaled, "It all happened last weekend."

Flashback

Dahyun and Tzuyu hung out one afternoon after school. The two were hanging out in Dahyun's living room. They were watching something on Netflix.