Chapter 5

What about your family? Azalea signed to Harry. The two sat in the greenhouse as they talked. Where are they?

Harry smiled lightly at the thought of his family. "My mum's at home with my stepbrother Henry an' half-sister Hope." Azalea nodded, loving the smile he had on his face. "My dad's off with his crew. Now that he doesn't have to hide out in Neverland to avoid the Isle anymore, he decided to set sail again."

Don't your mom and siblings miss him? She asked.

"Sometimes. But I think they're all used to it at this point." He shrugged. "Plus, they know he always comes back."

That's a lovely thought. She smiled. Harry nodded. Do you ever miss him?

Harry scoffed. "All the time. He made me the pirate I am today." He let out a breath, playing with his hook. "But I didn't want to follow him forever." He looked at her, a small smile playing on his lips. "An'... I wanted to see what Auradon had in store for me."

She blushed lightly but signed, Do you ever want to visit him?

He shrugged again. "Sometimes. I think I just miss bein' out on the ocean." 

Azalea smiled. Do you know where your dad is?

Harry nodded. "We talk all the time on the phone now that I don't have to worry about the crappy Isle reception."

She snorted a laugh but stood up. Come with me. I want to show you something.

*******

Harry watched as Azalea climbed down the ladder with a somewhat large but thin book in her hands. She placed in on one of the small tables and signed, This is one of the few things left behind after my dad's curse was broken.

Harry's eyes widened slightly. She nodded. I know. My mom didn't think I knew which book it was but I found it. She undid the golden latches on the side of the book, running her fingers over the cover. My dad said this was the cruelest curse of them all.

He raised an eyebrow. "How's that?"

It allows you to travel anywhere in the world in the blink of an eye. She silently explained. His eyes darted from her to the book in shock. Even so, my dad thought the world had no use for a creature like him.

"So the book was useless to him." Harry finished. Azalea nodded, something akin to pain filling her bright blue eyes. It was gone in a flash and she opened the book.

The page held a vintage map of the globe with veins of gold running through it, making it feel alive. Think of where you want to go. Azalea instructed in sign. Picture it in your mind's eye and feel it in your heart.

He raised a teasing eyebrow at her and she giggled. Don't look at me. I'm quoting my dad here. 

Harry shook his head with a laugh but closed his eyes either way. He pictured his father on his ship, docked in a new place as of this morning. He felt Azalea take his hand lightly and place it on the page. He felt a sort of tingling sensation under his palm while she kept her hand on his.

Suddenly, it felt like he was being sucked into the book but in a split second, his feet were on solid ground again. He opened his eyes and let out a laugh when he and Azalea were now in his father's room on the ship.

He turned to her and swept her off her feet into a hug, spinning her around. She shook with silent laughter but froze in shock as he set her down on her feet, cupping her cheeks in his hands.

"Yer an absolute rose, Azalea." He said quietly. She blushed darkly. "An absolute rose."

The moment was broken when the door opened. Azalea's eyes widened as a man walked in. He had dark hair and blue eyes matching Harry's with a hook for his left hand. She sucked in a sharp breath. This was Captain Hook, Harry's father.

Hook's eyes widened with a smile when he saw Harry. "My boy!" He yelled. Harry laughed and hugged his father tightly, Azalea smiled at the interaction. "What're ya doin' here?"

"Well I didn't come for Smee, that's for sure." Harry shot back. 

Hook laughed before seeing Azalea. He smirked at his son. "Oh, and who's this lovely lass ya brought with ya?"

"Dad, this is princess Azalea." Harry introduced. "Azalea, this is my father, Captain Killian Jones. Or as he's better known, Captain Hook."

"A princess, aye?" Killian did a small bow. "Well, welcome to my humble ship, yer highness."

Azalea smiled and pulled her phone from her jacket pocket, typing a message. It's good to meet you, Captain. Harry talks about you quite a bit.

Killian raised an eyebrow. "First off, none of this captain nonsense. Yer not on my crew so you can call me Killian." She nodded. He pointed to the phone. "An' second, does this have anythin' to do with the..." He gestured to her mask.

"Azalea's mute." Harry explained. "She communicates through sign language or her phone."

"Ah. Understood." Killian nodded. He wrapped an arm around Harry's shoulders. "Now, are either of ya gonna explain how yer here?"

"That's on Aza." Harry smiled at the girl. Killian smirked as she blushed lightly. "Her dad's curse left a pretty useful charm that she knew how to use."

"Beautiful an' smart. Ya picked a good one, son." Killian smiled and Harry felt his cheeks turn red as well. Azalea giggled a bit. Killian clapped. "Well, what kind of host would I be if I kept you two in here to myself?" He held an arm out to the girl. "Shall we, princess?"

She let out a quiet giggle and took his arm, following him out onto the deck. Harry rolled his eyes with a smile as he followed.

Azalea's eyes widened when she saw the ship in all its glory. It was docked on a gorgeous beach with a seemingly never ending ocean on the other side. Pirates worked on every facet of the ship but Azalea could see their bonds from where she stood.

"Listen up!" Killian called. The pirates stalled and looked to their captain. "It seems we have some guests. Includin' my son but you all don't need to care about him."

He got some laughs and Harry rolled his eyes. "Thanks, dad." He muttered. Azalea giggled and he glared at her playfully.

"But! We also have the princess of Auradon herself." Killian gestured to Azalea and she blushed lightly, waving to the crew. "I expect you all to treat her with the utmost respect. She is mute so I'm not gonna hear anythin' but if anythin' does happen, I will still know about it." The crew nodded obediently. Killian turned to Azalea and gestured to the ship. "The ship is yours' to explore, yer highness. If anyone gives you any kind of trouble, report back to me."

Azalea nodded and put her hand on Harry's arm, squeezing it before scampering off and starting to silently ask the crew questions.

Harry tore his gaze from her when Killian put a hand on his shoulder. "While she's occupied, I need ta speak with ya." Harry glanced over at Azalea once more before nodding and following his father back into the captain's quarters.