<The Evil Wizard>

He laughed madly into the dark night, his voice echoing through the crackling fire consuming the small village nestled in between evergreen trees. He waved his fingers and a mass of spiders crawled from the trees into the chaos of shrilling yells.

"Master, we best leave before the council appears," his wise crow informed him, but he chuckled with sarcasm.

"What will the Council do to me?" He rolled his dark eyes as he watched in amusement as people ran from the dark green flames, but try as they may...it was no use. The flames wrapped around the villagers and burned them slowly, their skin melting into a wax liquid.

The Council was composed of the five most powerful, wise, old, and famous Wizards and Witches; they governed the world of the supernatural "Trollkarl", where magical creatures populated the dimension with their own form of government. To defy the Council was an act of betrayal and all who attempt to gamble with their power...would perish or be punished.

Fortunately Lucius knew every single one of the old geezers and hags, half were related to him. But it was quite a bore playing a role of the upcoming representative for the Second Seat of the Council; bringing happiness to the creatures of this world wasn't his thing.

"Should I bring your broom, Master Lucius?" The crow asked with his head bowed on the thin branch on his left side.

"Oh, Corbin you coward," Lucius turned away from the burning village and laughed, "It's not like I will get punished."

Corbin blinked in astonishment at his master, how could he not fear the most powerful beings in their world?

"But--"

Corbin was instantly cut off by a sudden big bang from high above the sky, a cluster of gold sparks sprinkled the sky and he watched in awe as a group of wizards appeared from mid-air on pairs of broomsticks. The three wizards flew with the speed of light, disappearing in the blink of the eye.

"Oh, great it's them," Lucius sighed in irritation.

"Master Lucius," Corbin shivered as he looked around to find the troublesome triplets of mass destruction. The henchmen of the Council were not to be apprehended; they served the Council for a good reason. Their strength in combat was fancied through every class of mythical creature.

"I got your hat!" Draoi exclaimed as he flew over Lucius and retrieved the pointy leather hat with one swoop. He laughed innocently as his light orange robes moved along with the wind. His brother Bruxo joined in their amusement and floated a few feet away from Lucius, his robes a dark shade of ginger. "Look at his face, Draoi!"

Lucius huffed at the ten year olds hilarious joke; he could not believe that these young and goofy children were classified as the best fighters of combat. The two brown ash boys weren't the ones that made his hairs rise though.

"Draoi! Bruxo!" A high pitch tone invaded his ears and he narrowed his eyes at the last of the triplets, Aztia. Her blazing green eyes glinted under the moonlight, her dark ember robes fluttering around her. Her brothers froze in place and straightened their position on the broom.

"Aztia, what brings you and your brothers over here?" Lucius asked politely, even though he did not give a single care to the pitiful triplets.

She presented a sly smile that irked him, before saying in a sickly sweet tone. "On behalf of the Council, you will be detained and trialed for your harm on the land of Trollkarl."