A New Quest For A New Threat

Twenty-four hours prior:

Chiron was, frankly, very worried. This new 'disease' had spread around the demigods like wild fire, the councilors were confused; and frankly, so was Chiron. He sighed deeply, knowing that in a few minutes he would have to send three kids to their demise, seeing as Khione wasn't the nicest goddess around.

Chiron had a nagging feeling that there was something about the prophecy, about the words in it. More specifically about the ice maker, that told him the ice maker could possibly not be Khione. Percy's curse had already seemed to latch on to a small decree, although even when he talked to the closest person to Percy, Annabeth, she didn't give him the time of day. Making him doubt she was ever really close to Percy at all.

Suddenly there was a banging on the door that startled Chiron out of his thoughts, he turned around and yelled a quick 'Come in', what he saw was not what he was expecting.

Rachel stood limply, her arm rapped around Nico's shoulders, 'Who would've thought that this very introverted character would bang so harshly on the door?' Chiron mused.  

"She suddenly passed out, we think it's a prophecy, or something about the quest." said Nico monotonously.

"Uh- thank you Nico, I-" Chiron was cut off when Rachel's head snapped up, her eyes glowing slightly.

"The world is rendered still, here on Half-Blood hill,

the grief and sorrow of the past has came and set in at last                               

a power is growing staying forever un-showing.

Seek out the maker of ice,

The cauldron of woe,

And the herbs of remembrance.

In this picture of bliss,

A key will be found to this."                                              
Rachel slumped against Nico again, Chiron's worry creasing his eyebrows together. 

"This isn't right... the Oracle? Why....?" Chiron muttered under his breath as the different possibilities swirled through his head.

"Sir." said a voice from outside, Chiron glance up too fast to see the face and glanced down again heaving a great sigh. 

When he looked up again he was astounded to find...

-/-

Current time:

Percy quickly made his way out of Boreas' palace. Once outside, he disappeared into a cold mist before Khione could catch up. He reappeared in their cabin and immediately started packing a suitcase with a few days worth of clothes and other essentials. He was just coming out of his room when she appeared too.

"Where are you going? What's wrong with you?" she asked, worried.

"I'm leaving before they find me. They aren't looking for you, they're looking for me I can tell for a fact. This is the Fates sick little joke to get me to go back, and I will not. Fuck them and everything they stand for. They cannot make me do anything anymore! They've done nothing for the last seven years but drag me into countless battles to save themselves, and I am sick of it!"

Khione looked at Percy a bit startled, what did he mean when he said they were after him? He's a son of Poseidon, he didn't have any ice magic. 

"That's not a good enough excuse! It's not like they'll find you! Plus what's so bad about going back? Sure they've been dragging you into wars but have you ever thought about all the people you help all those people you protect and save! Does that mean nothing?!?!"

"It meant something until they turned their backs on me  and I was left in the dust, forgotten, and now, they will never receive my help again, I'm leaving." were Percy's final words as he pushed past Khione and into the snowy mountains, they had stayed here for the last few months, had gotten closer, they could even be called friends. But now that he had to leave, he knew he would miss her. 

"Percy!" yelled Khione's voice from inside they cabin, but by then, he was already gone.

Truth be told, he didn't hate the gods, or even the Romans. He just didn't feel like interacting with them, the people he had saved, he'd worked his life off to help them, making sure they were safe. Then they go and stab him in the back, he was hurt but he had forgiven them, against his better judgement. He made sure to a void Rome at all costs, there were two reasons, one being that he didn't want the Romans to alert the Greeks of his presence and two he didn't want there to be another war. So for now, he would go to the one place no one would ever think of looking for him. Alaska.

-/-

Same Time In The Hunter's Cabin:

"Lady Artemis, something is wrong here. Percy is gone and all of a sudden this disease broke out. I dont think Percy's at fault I just, it feels as if there's a bigger picture, something we aren't grasping that's just out of reach. I can feel it."

"I am unsure. It was brought up at the council meeting that it could very well be caused by Perseus, but most of us dismissed that thought. He may be powerful, even for a demigod, but we all know that this isn't his 'style' per-sé, he would never cause damage on a mass scale. Posedion also mentioned that if anything he would most likely attack directly, and not harm the innoccent ."

"But the lines, Mi'lady. A "maker of ice" does sound like Khione, but I have a gut feeling that she isn't who we are looking for. Who else has such abilities?" Thalia pressed.

Artemis shook her head. "Many have some minor control over snow and ice, but most of those are just nymphs and as such would most likely not be the ones you will be looking for. As for Khione herself, you would have to ask her directly. She is currently forbidden to leave her father's territory, so you can most likely find her in his palace." Artemis looked at Thalia out of the corner of her eyes. "I think you should avoid taking the Architect of Olympus with you. If you are indeed looking for him as part of this quest, she would be the last one you would want around when you find him."

Thalia stood there shocked. She still had not learned much of Perseus' disappearance but it seemed quite clear her mistress knew the whole story, or at least a large part of it.