Chapter 1b

Chapter 1b

    This is another story that starts with me usual style a flashback. So please bare with me. This story is about three guys and the story would mostly be told in the view of Nii Saka whose is the main character of the story, he is 6 feet (in height, averagely built but a little on the skinny side and a shade or two fairer than a normal chocolate complexion, he has light brown eyes and the normal black African hair.

            Nii Oduwei is 6 feet 2 and slightly darker than Nii Saka more on the muscular side but all the same averagely built and Kwame is a fusion of the two taking Nii Saka’s complexion and having Nii Oduwei’s height and physique. The other characters would be describe as we move along.

       Standing here as both of the boys got ready to board their flights to a country that had rejected us was something that had my heart aching knowing what they are going to go through the moment they land in their home country and their passports are checked by immigration I would spread like a Californianwild fire.

            This was their decision to know their where they came from and there was nothing I can I do about it. Turning to watch the face the man I call my life partner/husband and they call dad he took my hands in comfort as he knew what was running through my head at this moment; how we got here in the first place, wrapping his hands around me we walked towards the entrance and made our way to the car park once out of the Heathrow’s doors.

         It all started when I entered secondary school at the age of 15 yrs., in my country of origin going to boarding school was norm and was an experience that most parents want for their kids, not just any secondary school but the top and prestigious schools.

       Down here from where I am from the most powerful and most respectable schools in the country where public or Government schools where fees where relatively low facilities in bad shape yet just the pride of going to such a school counters for all its disadvantages during the holidays where the bragging kicks off to a full swing.

    Evidently I went to a school where my predecessors had gone to from my great grandfather down to my brothers as the school was one of the first built in the country it was more than a hundred years old about 110 to be precise, and going to a school like this was brilliant the ever present feuds that existed between the top boys schools around the vicinity as alliances are forged by one generation and broken by another for trivial matters as two guys pursuing the same girl.

   Enough of school politics but it was during secondary school when I met Kwame for the first time and Nii Oduwei who was the son of one of my father various acquaintances.

      Watching as my fellow first years' hug their parents mostly their mothers in goodbye as the siren sounded for both dinner and time to leave I felt a tag at my heart as I watched  some of the mothers burst into tears as they hugged their wards for the last time before leaving, some father just shook the hands of the wards, the gleam of pride in the eyes of others as the siren sounded for the second and final as it was not only a call for dinner it was the final thing that showed their wards were accepted into a school where most of them never had the opportunity to enter.

     A hand crossed my shoulders as I watched the display of affection, I raised my head to see the sad eyes of our long time driver one of the few people I really did like in this world, the words that left his lips brought some sort of hope to my young heart although I knew he was saying it to reduce the pain and hurt of my parents not being here with me.

       Saying thank you and walking towards my designated dormitory I turned one last time to see the driver still standing there watching me, waving him one last time before running to the dorm, knowing at least I had one person who cared for me in the world.

   Entering the dining hall with the rest of the first year students and taking a seat at one of tables it looked like a scene out of the philosopher’s stone but without the abundance of food. And for Dumbledore and his teachers at the high table, instead we had the head boy/school prefect and his associates. They each told us about the norms of the school and what we were likely to go through as first years, boy did they undertone it, it was far worst and much more exhilarating than how horrible they said it was going to be like.

          The first on the traditions was the “Homos night” here we had to dress up as comic characters, mostly like really silly traditional and African versions of clowns and talc powders sprinkled all over us.

          You had to get on the stage and play your creativity through the wonderful wonderful art of FOOLING and when I mean FOOLING I do not mean cracking jokes I knew just being plain stupid sh*t, what fun it was, it not only served as a source of entertainment for the seniors but also it was a means of selection into the various cliques and castes within the school, the “Chrifias” ( Really strict Christians), the nerdy ones with the weird smells, the acceptable nerds “Brilla boys”, the rich kids, the popular kids, the rich and popular kids, the regulars and finally the outcasts these were the girly acting guys and they never had a particular clique as some belonged to some of otherthe cliques.

        For me I never truly had a particular place I was more of a gone with the  wind kind but more with the brilla boys and rich kids cliques I was never truly popular until I begun a singing career in the school that shot me from rich and nerdy to rich popular and nerdy.

       I officially met Nii Oduwei when my dad came visiting the following week for see the school authorities to "officially" inform them of my presence in the school and to bar me from anything or activity that could ruin the reputation of the family.

        His dad had also come to do the same, it was there I got to know that he was a likely candidate to ascend the throne of his Clan. And that no smudges was needed on his records.

    i am not much of a social bird so please write or let people know of my works if you are done reading this , i really really do need to hear from you guys to see which of the intro i should continue. thank you for reading this. oh do not mind grammer and typing errors but do point them out.