Two Villains and an Hero.

Warning: Swearing, mentioned kidnapping. Let me know if there's anything else I should be aware of.

The city that Virgil works in is fairly small. That being said, for having so little square mileage, the place racks up more than it's fair share of problems. Take Virgil's job for example. He is one of three well known super-villains in city, and that's not even beginning to mention the amount of evil-doers whose crimes are just too small to gain much notoriety, nor the vigilantes that are scattered throughout the streets claiming to work on the side of good but not afraid to use sketchy tactics. Though the term villain always seemed like an exaggeration to Virgil, and he simply did what he wanted for fun, not with any purely evil intent behind his actions. But still, the civilians need fear not! For there are more than enough egotistical and flamboyant souls who the government fund to 'save' them! Take the man Virgil often finds assigned to him, Roman Prince. The man doesn't even attempt to cover up his identity, and flaunts his latest tech around like it's nothing. While his attitudes and overall demeanour would annoy Virgil coming from anyone else, he finds himself unfortunately falling for his prince-like character.

As well as Deceit. Deceit is a smart and cunning man, someone who knows what he wants and how to get it. It just so happens that his fellow villain 'Anxiety' and the idiot are at the top of his wish list. That's how Virgil found himself being confronted by the more lethal of his crushes only to have the hero come to 'stop their evil intermingling'. That three-way encounter was the first of many, and soon Virgil and Deceit found themselves coordinating their plans just to have Roman come to them both on his own accord. Neither of the two were too invested in the life of crime they had forged, and would drop it on a dime if Roman were to ask them to. But, for the foreseeable future, this seemed to be the only way to gain the selfish man's attention.

Until he got kidnapped.

Yep! Who would believe it that the popular, beloved and open superhero 'Roman Kingsley' was kidnapped by the third major-league villain of the city: Logic.

What, did you think his dearest brother Remus would be said third villain? Think again! He gave that life up quickly after it started for his brother, and now fulfils a sort of manger role in Roman's life. No, Logic is a much more terrifying villain than Remus could've ever dreamed of being. He's cold, heartless and calculating. Much like Deceit, he know what he wants, but what he wants is much more than just a measly love life. No, he wanted control. Control to re-make the world in his image; to create a world he deemed fit for existence. And his plan was quite simple. First, to gain control, the media would be his ally. But he was not stupid enough to risk his identity by openly putting his identity out there for the world to see. So, he needed a puppet. A popular, beloved and prominently open online that he could twist and bend to his rule. That's when Roman comes in.

So, to cut a long and unrelated story down, Logic finds and manipulates Remus, who leads the villain straight to the hero. Betrayal ensues, Remus is knocked out, and Roman is kidnapped.

And now, the two villains find themselves teaming up to sneak into Logic's base to save their idiotic love interest from being a political puppet. The entry was no problem, nor was locating the loud and obnoxious man who unfortunately held the object of their affections. Instead, the problem they encountered came with Logic's high security. There was very little chance of the two of them entering Roman's holding place without detection, and they weren't even about to entertain the idea of all three leaving without some sort of struggle.

From Virgil and Deceit's prior encounters with Logic, they knew of his general plans and how he goes about certain things, so a physical fight wouldn't be entirely out of their favour, though now they were in the Villain's home territory they couldn't be entirely sure or dependent on that fact to help them. The two had guessed the likelihood of his notoriously favourite tactic to use would go up; negotiation. That's where Virgil is glad he brought Deceit to this. He doesn't do well under that sort of pressure, and Logic was already so calm in his general demeanour that it creeped Virgil out under the best of circumstances. This lead to Virgil and Deceit quietly debating how to go about setting up a scenario in which they held enough of an upper hand to start negotiations with the dreaded villain.