Chapter 31

Soo, i'm not dragging this fic on for longer so i think 2 or so more chapters. I planned more but then I wasn't too keen on the ending and in the shower i came up with a different ending, i hope it works out:)

*Bennie's POV*

As i run as fast as i possibly can, my mind blurs and causes my vision to cloud up. I can't quite make out which direction my legs are taking me but I don't really care as long it's dark and far from Luke.

I didn't think when I spoke to him. I didn't know what I was saying and it was a mistake. Everything that happened between us was a mistake and he shouldn't have teased me like that; he shouldn't have been such a... such a dick.

My legs stop moving and I calapse to the ground letting the tears constantly roll from my red cheeks. I slap some tears away and hit my hand off the ground until the pain is numb, but there are gashes across my knuckles. I grab my shirt in a fistful and yank and it will all my strength and ignore the sound of the stiches being ripped apart.

I hate him. My mind says but it doesn't feel real. I shake my head and mouth it.

Again and again as if i'm trying to reasure myself.

But i'm not, i'm trying to persuade myself.

"I hate you!" I shout, rolling forward so my elbows are holding me up.

My heart beat increases as the anger works it way higher up inside of me and I feel the hot blood rush around every part of my body. I listen to my breaths as they fasten until I can't take it anymore and vomit on the floor infront of me.

I stare at the puddle for a brief second before realising where I am; the same place I threw up before.

The same place Daniel was around and the same place Luke gave me that drink.

I force my body to my feet and walk over to the bench I vaguely remember lying on when Luke spoke to me. I grab hold of one side of the bench and pull the bottom upwards in attempt to push it over but I'm too weak. I hit the wood in frustration and a spike of the material pricks my finger influencing more blood to come.

I look over my shoulder for reasurrance or something, I don't really know what I want to do anymore. I'm fed up and done; i think I finally give up...

I walk towards the tree across the park and stare at the rope with the tyre knotted to it and I stop. It would be easy.

And stupid, my mind speaks.

But it would be quick and then over.

And it would be also painful, it argues again.

There's not much to think about, it will end everything.

I hit my head once to get the voice out and begin to move again. The wind tries to put me off track by blowing me slightly but I push against it, telling it to stop.

Once I reach it, I place my fingers on the tyre; tracing the cracks and dents. Then I find the knot and begin to tug at it in order to get out the knot but it is really tight. I let out a cry and hit the knot in attempt to ease it but I know it won't work. My patience wears thin and I kick the swing several times and pull the rope down which shakes the tree but doesn't effect anything apart from the few leaves that fall around me.

I lean closer trying to stick my fingers into the small gap in the knot, hoping for success.

"Bennie!" A voice speaks loud enough to burst my ear drums.

I bring my hands to my ears in shock and turn around to see Daniel. His grin disapears when he sees my appearance and he looks disturbed.

"Are you... okay?" He manages to choke out as his eyes scan my bloody hands.

I automatically put them behind my back to cover them although it won't help. The wind blows faster and heavier, causing me to shiver and my eyes to well up.

I nod at him but can't seem to find a smile, not even a forced one.

He shakes his head as if he can read my mind and he pulls me into a hug.

At first, I feel tight and uncomfortable but then i think about everything. Daniel came as I was trying to kill myself. Kill myself, because of Luke. Daniel has been nice to me since we first met and his friends were the ones who threatened me. His friends were the ones who spoke about me and treated me horrible, not him. Daniel was good, no, Daniel is good and.... and Luke is bad.

The voice in my head speaks quickly but simply and I understand it, it all makes sense.

I loosen in his grasp and begin to weep against him as the cries come out of my mouth with the most dreadful sounds but I don't care because it's coming out and I feel protected. As for Daniel, he doesn't seem to care either, instead, he just holds me tighter.

"Let's get you home." He breathes out and I nod.

I want my mother.

The thought of my mother brings even more tears to my eyes. If i trusted my instinct the first time, I would be at home with her right now and not in this mess. I wouldn't have argued with Luke and he wouldn't have told me he didn't even like me. He would have been angry I left but I would have told him that I could protect myself and we would have carried on fine.

But now I want to hate him.

I want him to know that I hate him and I want him to feel miserable.

Because I don't need him, I never have.

The only thing he was right about was Daniel.

"My car's this way, where do you live?' He smiles lightly.