Chapter 2

The next day they were late. Mostly because Dean got up too late and then need more time in the bathroom than any girl ever. Sometimes Sam tries to tease his brother about it, but that usually backfires when Dean tells him that at least he wasn't the one who looked like a girl.

When they reached the school, Dean took his time with parking but Sam couldn't risk waiting any longer, because being late to class wasn't his intention. He'd never been late even once and he would like to keep it that way, so he stumbled out of the car and into the school building, leaving his brother behind. Dean didn't care about being on time anyway.

Sam ran through the corridors, ignoring the rules that told him not to. The bell rang just as he reached his locker. Shit. His classroom was on the 2nd floor.

He quickly gathered his books and rushed towards the staircase, almost stumbling up the steps.

He swore that he would get his revenge on Dean for being a lazy ass.

Distracted by his thoughts he missed the last step on top of the stairs, lost his balance and fell, face forward, to the ground. His books scattered all over the floor and he cursed loudly. The day was going terrible so far and it got only worse when he heard footsteps approaching him and looked up.

Standing there was Mr. Adler, a chubby, old man who hated every single student in school, no exception. "Mr. Winchester, late again", he said with a smile on his lips that bordered on sinister.

Sam didn't bother to correct him and tell him that this was the first time he was late and that there was still a chance that he could make it to class on time, since their teacher usually wasn't exactly punctually either. Instead he started to pick up his books and stood up from the floor.

"I don't have a choice but to bring you to the headmaster", Mr. Adler said. Sam was pretty sure he had plenty of other choices, for example letting him go, but he kept his mouth shut.

"Follow me", Mr. Adler commanded and led the way to the headmaster's office. Sam sighed in frustration, but he followed the teacher anyway.

The headmasters office was at the end of a corridor on the 3rd floor, along with the conference rooms and the teachers lounge. Sam felt like a duckling awkwardly following its mother by the time they finally reached the door with the name tag "Mr. Shurley, headmaster" next to it.

Mr. Adler knocked at the door and entered without waiting for an answer.

Mr. Shurley sat behind his desk, talking to a boy who was sitting in a chair opposite the headmaster. Both looked up when Sam and Mr. Adler entered the room. The headmaster shot them a look that showed he wasn't really keen on talking to yet another student, especially one who was brought to him by Mr. Adler, because those usually hadn't done anything wrong in the first place.

But when Sam's gaze wandered from Mr. Surely to the other boy in the room, his jaw dropped. "Lucifer?", he asked confused, not quite sure if he wasn't just imagining him. Lucifer couldn't be here, could he?

"Hey Sam", Lucifer greeted with a smile.

"You know each other?", Mr. Adler chimed in. "That doesn't surprise me at all. The worst ones always know each other!"

Mr. Shurley shot him an irritated look, to silence him. "What did Mr. Winchester do that makes you feel the need to bring him here?", the headmaster asked and Sam didn't fail to notice the annoyance in his voice. "Did he accidentally drop a sandwich to the floor?"

Mr. Adler's brows furrowed at the obvious sarcasm in Mr. Shurley's words. "No, he disobeyed the school rules by running through the corridors and being late", the teacher stated, his anger clearly audible.

Mr. Shurley sighed. "Alright. Thank you for bringing him here, I'll be able to handle this from now on", he said.

Mr. Adler glared at the boys one last time before he left the room, albeit reluctantly.

The headmaster indicates for Sam to sit down in the chair next to Lucifer with a gesture of his hand.

"I only ran because I wanted to make it to class in time and this was the first time I was late! I swear!", Sam started defending himself as soon as he sat down, but Mr. Shurley cut him off.

"We're going to talk about that later", he said and turned towards Lucifer. "Where was I before we were interrupted?", he asked the other boy.

"You were about to threaten me", the blonde boy responded nonchalantly and shrugged.

"Right", the headmaster confirmed and nodded. "If you don't get it together and do something to improve your marks I 'll have to expel you."

"That would require me visiting school regularly in the first place", Lucifer said with a smirk.

"I don't know why do you think that this is funny. It's your future you're ruining! Don't you want to go to college or something?", Mr. Shurley started to lecture the blonde, but Lucifer didn't seem to care. Eventually the headmaster gave a frustrated sigh an turned his attention back to Sam. "I was going to let you go back to class, but your friend is being a pain in the ass, so as a punishment for whatever it was you did, you'll tutor Lucifer at least three hours a week for the next two weeks after school, starting today. Maybe that'll help. Mr. Adler will be pleased to hear that I punished you", he said firmly.

"The punishment doesn't fit the crime and besides, why do you care so much about my grades?", Lucifer asked and Sam was surprised about how calm he sounded.

The brunette himself could barely contain his anger that had started building up since the early morning. "What?", he eventually bursted out" That's not fair! We're not even friends! I barely know this guy!"

Lucifer looked at him with fake hurt in his features. "I'm not your friend? I thought we were besties", he mocked and Sam glared at him, balling his hands into fists to keep himself from punching the other boy in the face.

"Enough!", the headmaster exclaimed loudly and effectively silenced the boys. "This is not up to discussion!... You're free to go now and don't forget to show up this afternoon or you'll both get in trouble!"

Sam stood up from his chair and stomped out of the room angrily. Once outside he made his way to his classroom, Lucifer at his heels.

"Where do you have class now?"; the blonde boy asked, but Sam didn't bother answering.

Now he had detention for being late and it was all Lucifer's fault. This was just amazing, except it wasn't.