MARK ME

Notes:

Okay. first off. i did not mean for this to be 17k words long. i just typed away in my phone notepad and when i transferred it to word, i was stunned to see the total number of words. but i'm happy. over all i love how this turned out. <3 i guess, the length is to compensate for the delay in update. :))

Also, would like to remind before you start reading.
Emotional bonding is different from Blood Bonding/Marking.
I've inserted a link in the end notes for mood board, and that's where you can see how Jeonghan's mark look like.

I would also like to dedicate this to my wonderful girls:

Eomma, for anticipating this so much!
Jay, Paw, Leng & Juls for always hyping me up and talking me through my writer's block
And lastly, for Yuki, who's been very patient with me since i started writing this. Your ideas and uplifting words really helped me a lot. Thank you so much huns!! <3
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

——-

"Hannie put that box down!" Seungcheol exclaimed as he saw Jeonghan entering their new apartment carrying a box. "It's not that heavy Cheol." the latter said but still, Seungcheol was quick to get the box from him. Jeonghan rolled his eyes, "Seriously, you have to let me help Cheol. You can't expect me to just sit in a corner and watch as you move everything."

"I'm not the one moving everything, that's why I hired movers to do it for us. Now please listen to me because I don't want our baby to get tired." Seungcheol placed his hands on his hips.

With the mention of 'our baby', Jeonghan blushed and looked away. It still feels weird hearing that.

"The bathroom-- maybe you can do the bathroom." Seungcheol suggested. Jeonghan nodded and went past him. Sliding the bathroom door open, he saw a box seated on the vanity and when he opened it, he saw several scented candles and bath bombs. Immediately, he was delighted. It was sweet of Seungcheol to buy him this- sweet of him to remember he liked these.

So for the rest of the afternoon, he busied himself with setting up the bathroom as he liked. Seungcheol had minimal toiletries and Jeonghan could not help but feel a little embarrassed seeing as how his stuff occupied more than half of the space.

When he finally emerged from the bathroom, he saw Seungcheol standing in the middle of the living room, seemingly scanning the entirety of their new apartment. This was definitely an upgrade from his small studio unit. Jeonghan couldn't help but feel a little guilty thinking Seungcheol was forced to step up because of their situation-- because of him.

He studied the older man. He looked happy, but there's this bitter smile on his lips. Jeonghan wondered if that's because of him.

--

Seungcheol stood in the middle of the living room. They had just finished fixing the furnitures and he realized how exhausting it is to move houses. But he's happy. This is their home now. This is where his child will grow up. He scans his eyes around, imagining a baby crawling then a toddler running around.. oh how he would love to see that. But suddenly he was reminded of Jeonghan's words that night.

"Cheol.. after I give birth.. do you think I.. I could set off to find my mate?"