♤ 38- The Witch ♤

Marjani's POV :

Marjani's POV :

I stood there, still staring at the elevator doors. I pulled on my hair and let out a groan of frustration.

"You good?"

I jumped and opened my eyes, turning to see Clio who'd just stepped out of someone's room.

"Uh, not really," I sighed. "Boy problems."

"I see," she mused. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Not really," I shook my head. "I just want to sleep right now."

"Mood. Reminds me I should go to bed now. Goodnight, Marjani."

"Wait!" I stopped her before she could leave. "I have a question, please."

"Yes?"

"Um, what happened between Roman and Kylo? I mean, I heard they used to hangout together and were buddies at some point when they were freshman."

"That's true," Clio said after a short thought. "They used to be friends back then. They used get along so well. Time sure flies and things change," she shrugged.

"And do you know why? Why things changed between them? Cuz apparently they don't even know what came up."

Clio thought for a while.

"Oh yeah, I remember."

I beamed with curiosity.

"Tell me, please. What happened?"

"Actually, nothing that was their fault. It was that of the students of TUPA."

I frowned in confusion and surprise.

"What? Really? What happened?"

"Roe and Kai use to hang out together and were cool with each other. But it all changed when training at the undergraduate level began," she explained. "Soon enough, they were both discovered to be Sphinixes. And that was when the drama began."

"Oh," I listened attentively.

"The students began to constantly compare them. During training, they would convince the coaches to always put those two against each other. The students and everyone else always wanted determine who was the best or the strongest between them," she sighed. "And as you've probably guessed it by now, the constant comparison gave way for rivalry between them."

"Oh wow. That makes sense now," I said with wide eyes.

"Yeah. They began to be in constant competition with each other to the point of forfeiting a friendship that had once existed between them. It was crazy back then because the students encouraged this rivalry even more when they began to take sides."

I listened in surprise.

"Roman and Kylo literally began to compete in everything they did. From school grades to even the best spots in the cafeteria," she mused and shook her head. "Without realising, they'd lost their complicity and started to really dislike each other when they could've otherwise even been best friends if things hadn't turn out the way they did."