(13) The Girl in the Secrets

If you love me, let me know. If not, please gently let me go.

-

"Dakarai...wait" she said chasing after him. He didn't turn back to look at her and his pace picked up. He must be really mad, she thought.

"Just give me one minute" she begged once she managed to get a strong grab on his arm. Surprisingly, he slowed down and turned around to face her. He looked so vulnerable that it hurt her. She fumbled around in her schoolbag for a packet of tissues and then dabbed at his face to clear away the fallen tears.

Dakarai was shocked of why had Camilla come after him. Even though he didn't expect for her to do this he wasn't going to reject to it.

Once she thought his face was quite dry she put the wet tissue inside her pocket.

"It's not what you think" she said.

He sucked in his lips, wanting for her to continue talking.

"Who's Feyi?" he finally asked. Camilla looked straight into hi dark eyes. Her legs buckled; she felt as if she knew his emotions and feelings just from looking into those eyes. Sadness, desire, jealously and so many more.

"He's Hamila's cousin. My sister and I met him at her mother's birthday party. For the rest of the night he spent his time flirting with me, even though I didn't like him at all. Because I like you" her mind went wild at the last sentence she had said out loud. Maybe he didn't feel the same way.

Dakarai didn't reply.

"Yes, I like you. I've been feeling this way for a while, and it never goes away. Every time I see you in school my heart flutters at how handsome you look. I love how you don't try to fit in with everyone else in the classroom. Though I was wondering, do you like me?"

His mouth opened and then closed like a fish. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had dreamed for something like this to happen for so long.

Camilla noticed how his eyes widened and how no reply came from him. The smile of hope on her face slightly dropped.

"I'm sorry if I wasted your time-" and then he hugged her. She smiled again and wrapped her arms around his buff self.

He breathed in the smell of her, greatly enjoying it. Dakarai could get used to the smell of her sweet perfume and cocoa butter lotion.

"I like you as well" he murmured into her shoulder.

Camilla pulled back from the hug, amazed. She grinned at him while showing off her pearly white teeth. 

"You look beautiful when you grin" the boy chuckled. She giggled, suddenly feeling all girly. Hey, she could twirl at her hair and bat her eyelashes. 

Then he gently pulled her towards him and placed both his hands lightly on the sides of her waist. At first she wasn't sure where she was supposed to put her hands but then she decided to place them on his shoulders.

"Camilla Ballo, will you be my girlfriend?" Dakarai asked her. Her face filled with happiness and she nodded like a bobble head.

"Yes, of course Dakarai Wora!" they both leaned in to hug each other again. Just as he was about to wrap his arms around her pretty self she turned her head to his and pressed his lips against his.

She took a step forward to get rid of the little space between them. Then they both closed their eyes at the same time. Camilla couldn't this was happening, she was kissing Dakarai! How she wished that he were her first kiss. Instead of the fireworks going off as they kissed - as she read in novels - this was even better. His lips were smooth and soft against hers, it felt right.

A few moments later they pulled away with huge grins plastered on their faces. She leaned in again to lightly kiss his cheek.

"Can I ask you a question?" she said. Dakarai nodded and waited for her to speak.

"How did you feel when Mosi kissed me?" his grin slightly faltered and he cleared his throat. Goodness knew he didn't want to answer that question, but he did tell Camilla that he would answer whatever the question was.

"When I turned my head around and saw him holding you in that way with his lips pressed against yours I felt so let down. I really liked you back then, I still do, but I was quite afraid to admit that to you. Something in the back of my head kept on telling me that you didn't have the same feelings for me but I tried to ignore it as best as I could though when I saw you and Mosi together I lost hope. I wanted to trash anything that was in my sight and scream and sob from the mountains"

Camilla blinked. Then she started to laugh. Dakarai scratched his head in confusion.

"It's funny how we were both afraid to admit our feelings for each other" she giggled. He smiled in response.

“Can I ask you another question?” Dakarai nodded, not nervous of what this next question could be.

“How did you feel about our first kiss?”

He cleared his throat in amusement and lifted her chin up to his face and kissed her again. Her heart beat at 100mph and she slowly closed her eyes and he did. She took one step towards him. They were so close that if a thin magazine was positioned between them it would not fall.

While they kissed she heard the voices of what seemed belonged to Tafari and Mosi muttering about the two of them. She smiled into his lips and continued to kiss him.

“Did that answer your question?” he answered her with a smirk on his face. He looked at Camilla, wanting to hold him in his arms for eternity. This was it. His dreams had come true, and were a huge success.

“Yes, actually it did,” she smiled, giving him a peck on his right cheek. She had only kissed him twice, though yet she felt as if she had been kissing him all her life!

She was snapped out of her daydreams when Dakarai firmly held onto her hand. His warmth filled up her body and she grinned at him, showing her perfect teeth.

And then they started to walk. The stunned people who had witnessed what had happened between them all took one step back to give them space. They continued to walk.

Once they were in reach of the school gates she spotted Hamila standing on her own. Her arms were crossed over her chest, her left foot tapping in frustration and her eyes squinted straight to her. She squeezed Dakarai's hand, suddenly nervous. Little beads of sweat formed on her forehead. He looked back at her and gave her a reassuring smile, which gave her the strength to continue walking.

A couple of moments they had made it out of the school gates and down the sidewalk.

Best kiss ever, she thought.

~

Thanks to those people who read my story! I'm going to make another story to join with it so it has that kind of two-in-one book kind of effect. Stay tuned :]