Really now?

Sephiroth opened the door to his apartment. Tifa looks around, looking at him,

"Why do you have an apartment?"

"To lay low. Why the hell else?"

"..Fair point."

Tifa looks around in Sephiroth's room. It looked like a one bedroom, one bathroom type of apartment. The place looks blander then hell. It looks like he only kept the essentials. A small mini fridge, a bed, a couch and a small tv. Nothing else. Tifa shrugs and walks to the couch and sits down, to watch tv. Sephiroth was putting stuff away while she watching tv, as there was nothing else good, she was watching the news. She shrugged most of it off, as it was just the same old. When Sephiroth was finished, he sat down next to Tifa. Tifa quickly looked at him, to make sure that he didn't carry his weapon. But when she looked at him, he had his jacket off, having a button up shirt, with black slacks and his regular shoes still on. He looks at Tifa,

"So remind me... why were you crying in a dark alleyway?"

"...Why do you care anway?"

"Because I usually see you smiling with Cloud, being happy. This is not like you. Either take the damn truce or I'll kick you out"

Tifa sighs and shrugs

"Whatever.. Fine.. Cloud and I were going out to eat.. I was going to confess.. and he said he liked some other girl, as I stated the name before.. Lightning.. He barely knows her ! I knew him longer! All the way since we were practically kids!! But.. He..went for her..I.."

Tifa bites her tongue, in hopes not to cry but it was all in failed attempt. She started to tear up, the wound still being fresh in her heart and mind. She starts to hiccup softly, as Sephiroth takes out a white cloth from his pocket, handing to her.

"I understand... Hearts are... fragile. You may not wish to be near Cloud and Lightning for a while..I know I said you and I will be enemies until morning rise but.. You can stay longer if needed."

Tifa looks at him, wiping away her tears.

"T-Thank you..I just..I..I really thought he liked me.."

"Well.. that's what love does. Sometimes it blinds us from the facts that are evident. We choose to simply ignore them because we love them."

Tifa sniffles and nodding her head. She looks at him.

"I..I didn't really eat anything on that stupid date. I'm..actually hungry."

Sephiroth nods his head.

"Lucky you. I actually went shopping. So if you don't mind waiting a bit longer for supper, I suppose I'll feed you."

Tifa nods her head, having a small smile.

"What are you making?"

Sephiroth gotten up, walking to the kitchen. Tifa following him, still wanting her question answered.

"It's a meal that..Angeal..taught me."

"Whose Angeal?"

He looks at her, then shakes his head, looking back at the cabinets and fridge taking out the ingredients. 

"He's.. an old friend back at SOLDIER. You won't know him. Just Strife."

She nods her head.

"Mind if I watch you cook?"

"You might feel lonely on the couch I assume?"

She nods her head slowly as Sephiroth sighs. He looks at her,

"I suppose."

He starts to cook, as Tifa looks over him. She was studying carefully on how he prepared the food. Sephiroth looks at her, raising an eyebrow. Tifa looked at him and chuckled. Sephiroth looks back down and chuckles softly. Tifa was taken back, he never knew a man like Sephiroth could even laugh. Let alone smile.

"You laughed?"

"Yes? I can play many parts Tifa. I can play the part of a poor man or a villain. Emotions... aren't really apart of me like it once was."

"Nonsense! I know you can still be happy, sad, angry, and all of that!"

"...Whatever makes you feel better at night I suppose."

Tifa smiles at him. It took Sephiroth at least 20 minutes to create dinner and by the time he pulled it out of the oven he put it on the counter. He looks at Tifa.

"Have as much as you want. No shame in gluttony."

He grabbed two plates and hands one to Tifa, along side with a fork. He gotten his portion and went back to the living room and sat down. Tifa looks at the pan of food. It looked like lasagna but the insides had apples..purple apples at that. It was weird but she didn't complain. It's his friend's dish so she might as well. She took out a small bit to test it. Once she ate it she didn't expect it to taste so well. She gotten more and smiles and walks back to the living room. Sitting down next to Sephiroth who saw Tifa's plate. He chuckles, not knowing that he would double it.

"You're hungry huh?"

She blushes lightly at the embarrassment, she usually eats a bit less then this but since she was crying it made her gain more of an appetite.

"Oh don't worry about it. Like I said. Eat as much as you like."

Tifa smiles and starts to eat. Watching the TV, of course being the news. She sighs and looks at Sephiroth.

"Mind if we change the channel?"

Sephiroth nodded his head and grabs the remote, switching the channel. It was some stupid sit com but it was better then watching something boring. Sephiroth put his plate down on the coffee table, looking at the TV. Tifa puts down the plate and looks at him.

"Sephiroth?"

"Yes?"

"...Are you normally this friendly..?"

"No.. not..particularly...I..used to be. But there's no use in telling you my past when you'll be leaving soon and we'll go back to being enemies."

Tifa looks at him and sighs. She scoots over close to him, hugging him. Sephiroth gasps softly, not expecting the hug from her. He looks at Tifa, with a puzzled look

"Why.. are you hugging me?"

"...Because..I feel like you need one. I feel like there's more to you then meets the eye."

Sephiroth sighs and pats her head. By the time he looked at her, she had a sleepy look to her. He sighs and shrugs it off, knowing she had a rough night he didn't mind it. He looks over at the clock, seeing it was 1AM. He sighs and thought he might as well join her and go to sleep. He slowly falls asleep, with Tifa holding onto him, falling asleep.