Supply

It was 10:30 pm by the time we reached Mc Donalds and I was like a giddy little kid who had just been given chocolate for the first time.

"What do you want?" Ace questioned as he rolled down the window and rested his arm against the brim of the car's window frame. "Chicken nuggets" I mumbled while I stared down at my feet. He ordered the food and collected it from the drive thru. I held the food as he pulled into a pretty empty parking lot.

Ace got out of the car and gave me a mischievous smile before climbing onto the car bumper. I didn't even question what he was doing, instead I just watched. I saw him walk up his car until I could only hear his heavy footsteps on the car roof.

It was the middle of May now so it was decently warm outside; It was probably the reason why he wanted to eat outside at almost 11pm.

I opened the car door and stood outside, breathing in the fresh air. I felt like I hadn't been outside in years.

I climbed onto the car with the Mc Donald's in one hand and Ace's hand holding the other, helping me up so that I didn't slip while walking on the windshield. I sat at the top of the car, next to Ace who was staring up at the stars.

I turned my attention to the star lit sky. "Which one is my star again?" I asked curiously. "I have no idea" Ace spoke with a little grin. He was happy tonight which I liked but wasn't normal. "What's got you in a good mood?" I chirped before opening the bag of food and pulling out my chicken nuggets. "I don't know" he shrugged as he reached for his food.

We sat on the car and ate our food. I felt full, almost like I was going to pop. "Ace, I think I'm going to explode" I grumbled while I lay down on top of the car. He gave me a cheesy smile and continued to eat his food. I watched as he munched on the fries, looking very pleased with his decision to go get food.

"I don't do this often you know" He spoke up with a gentle but guilty tone. "Don't do what?" I questioned him as I stared peacefully at the glistening stars above. "I don't...you know...go out for food and stuff" He muttered before giving me a worried glance. "Do you mean a date?" I uttered, turning my attention towards him. "Yeah I mean dates, I'm not good at them hence why we never go on any and just stay inside and watch movies all the time" Ace rambled but I could sense a hint of anger in his voice.

"Does that upset you?" I questioned him, wondering why he was telling me this. "Yeah, you deserve better than me, someone who will take you on dates all the time and give you all their attention instead of spending it working or sat a desk signing his name onto stupid pieces of paper that won't matter in a year" he expressed before running his hand through his hair due to stress.

I just let out a giggle and he shot me an offended look before crossing his arms and resting them on his knees stubbornly, almost like a child and turning away from me.

"No no baby, I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at your thoughts because you're overthinking and also because you're the best anyone could possibly get" I muttered with a smile as I sat up and moved beside him. I threw my arms around him and kissed his cheek repeatedly before he eventually caved in and kissed me back. One of his arms held my side which also allowed him to pull me closer to him if he desired.

"I love you" he whispered and planted a kiss on my forehead. "I love you the most" I beamed happily. "We could run Sof" he spoke in a hushed tone as if it was a secret. "We could run and never look back" he muttered gently while staring at the floor. "Why the sudden change of heart?, you know we will die if we run" I replied, staring at Ace who just let out a sigh. "I love you more than anything, I want to have a family with you without having to worry if someone is going to try kill us every 5 minutes" Ace ranted angrily. "We won't be having a family for awhile but that doesn't mean we can't spend a few years with just each other" Ace rambled before forcing himself to calm down.

I just blinked at him. I mean what was I supposed to say since I didn't know he hated being in the Mafia that much.

He stayed silent for a moment, letting the gentle breeze soothe his anger. "Ok, I'm good now" he reassured me as he continued to eat his food. "How are you- I'm so confused" I questioned him. "Sometimes I want what I can't have so I have to ask myself if it's actually possible and it's not" he glanced at me with no expression.

"So I get over it and move on, I like to call it my momentary weakness" he mumbled as he finished his food.

Ace has always been very mature for his age. He's turning 19 yet he acts like he's 30 probably due to the fact he carries a whole Mafia on his back. Most of the time, he wants things but can't them have because of the Mafia but I couldn't help him even if I wanted to.

I got distracted from my thoughts when Ace's phone got a notification.

Ace pulled his phone out of his pocket and read the text. "They've cut off water supply to the house my father is staying in, they're going to raid it now and steal the food" he announced to me before getting down from the car roof and throwing our rubbish in the trash.

"As much as I've enjoyed this, it's time to go" he said with a serious tone. I was happy I got him for a few moments while he was happy and not stressed out about something.

Thank you guys so much for 10 million reads, this is insane! I love you all and I hope you are staying safe - A