Ch 2

As I fall asleep, I find myself in the familiar tunnel. As I began to walk I tried to pay more attention to my surroundings. I looked at the walls and noticed that I understood some of the writing on them, but most of it looked like gibberish. From what I could understand it was telling some sort of story about these "Ancients". After about what seemed like half an hour I finally reached the giant doors. As I approached the doors they appeared to  open by themselves.  

I walked through the doors, and I noticed torches beginning to light themselves illuminating the giant cavern, revealing all sorts of bones and graves. Most seemed to have humanoid qualities, and some had features like some of the ancient gods I had heard about in mythology. As I reached the center of the cavern I noticed that there was a person standing there waiting on me.  

Upon first glance, he seemed to look human, but, as I got closer, I saw six pairs of wings coming from his back. "Welcome Matt. We have been expecting you," he says as I reach where he is standing. "Where am I? Who are you? What are you?" I asked after I greeted him. "This is the Crypt of the Ancients, I am the Crypt Keeper, and I am one of the Ancients. You have come seeking answers, have you not?" he said as he began to walk around. "Yes, I have," I said quickly as I follow behind him. 

 " I cannot tell you much because that would put you and everyone around you in danger. All I can tell you now is that in the near or distant future you will have to make a choice. Your choice will either save the world, or it will ultimately bring about its destruction," he mused as he briskly came to a halt. "Why me? Why do I have to make this choice?" I asked as fear began to lash at my body. "We do not know why, all we know is it was determined before even the ancients walked this earth. This is all I can tell you for now, you must find your way here to the Crypt. Then all your questions shall be answered. I have one final warning before you go, be careful of the creatures of this world, and know that your death is always close by." 

"Wait, that doesn’t make sense? My death is always close!?!? And what exactly is an ancient?" I asked as my stomach begins to turn in knots. He began his usual explanation,"I cannot tell you what I mean by that now, but I suppose I can tell you about the ancients," he let out a long sigh,"The ancients, as the word implies, are the oldest living creatures on earth. during ancient times we were worshiped as god; because of our immense knowledge and our powers but as time went on the tales of the ancients were lost never to be heard again. Now it is time for you to wake up...." 

Before I knew what happened I was sitting up in my bed, with my alarm going off and Hades looking at me with a smile on her face. "Good morning, onii-chan, did you find the answers you were looking for?" she asked as she began jumping on my bed trying to wake me up. I look up at her and, as I begin to tell her my answer, I fall back over and begin to doze off again. Next think I know I feel a large object hit my head. As the pain subsides, I look at Hades who is now holding a giant black mallet and giving me a rather nasty look and say,"Okay, okay I'm sorry! but I found out a little of what I've beenlooking for, but this Crypt Keeper says I need to find my way to this so-called 'Crypt of the Ancients'."