Ch. 5

"No, absolutely not!" I said. "You can't tell me no. Your just a beta wolf and a young little puppy at that!" Viviana replied. "I can tell you no. You aren't coming with us. You can't just leave your pack whenever, to go on some adventure. You need to at least pretend like you're responsible." I told her. After Tess told me about the poltergeist I realized I needed to go back. No matter how confused and unsure I was I wouldn't turn my back to my pack when they needed my help. Unfortunately Viviana decided she wanted to tag along. "I am responsible and it is not just some random road trip. Poltergeists are dangerous. Thessaly even said that Corrigan was injured. I'm not going just for myself I need to make sure that the Night Shade pack and its Alpha are safe." Viviana said in her I'm-totally-being-serious-voice. "Who?" I asked confused. "Thessaly...what you don't even know your pet's real name?" Viviana let out an exaggerated sigh. "Tess...Thessaly." I froze. I knew it was stupid but I honestly didn't know that her name wasn't actually Tess. Uncomfortable with the look Viviana was giving me I changed back to the original topic. "Anyway, what happens if something happens to you? You're the center of the werewolf hierarchy. If you die than it will be all challenges across the country as the Alphas battle for your position. We don't need alphas dying left and right as they go vying for Epsilon." I lectured. "And I can't turn tail and hide. I am Epsilon that means I need to at least appear to be badass and fighting a poltergeist is badass." I stopped what I was doing a turned to stare at Viviana. She had a completely serious look on her face. "That's your argument? What are you 5? Grow up!" She looked crestfallen when I said that but I didn't let up. "You wanna look badass? Then don't go around acting like a spoiled brat. Honestly what are you thinking. You might fool other people with this act of yours but I'm not stupid. Have you forgot: I know the real you? Be serious here for a minute and tell me why the hell you wanna go. You know exactly what kind of welcome you're going to get." She didn't say anything for a moment and we had a slight staring contest. She wasn't putting any effort in it and was just looking at me with a sad puppy dog pout. Finally I gave in and looked away. "Fine, don't tell me." I grabbed a random backpack from the closet and slid it on. The bags were filled with clothes and food for any werewolf who needed it. Viviana grabbed a bag as well and followed me. A group of wolves were standing around one of the packs vehicles. "Kye," a big hulk of a wolf moved forward from the group. He wasn't the only one I recognized in the group and they were all smiling at me happily as they watched us walk toward them "It has been awhile young pup." The large wolf called "Theo!" I ran forward and gave him a hug. He laughed shaking me to my core. Theo was gigantic and his laugh could effect a 5 meter radius around him. "Still causing earthquakes with your laugh I see." I teased. "Of course." He said letting me go. "So you're the reason our Alpha has been prancing around the compound these last few days instead of sulking like normal." He said. "I don't sulk!" Viviana said. "Of course not, Alpha." Theo said in his placating voice. "Theo, can you convince her not to come with me?" I ask him hopefully. "Sorry, pup but she has already made up her mind." He told me. I sigh and glared at Viviana. "Raiza's going to kill me if I show up with you." I tell her. Viviana burst out laughing. "She always has some bug up her a-" Viviana choked down her sentence when Theo shot her a disapproving look. Theo was one of the few people who could keep her under some semblance of control mainly because he was her cousin who acted more like her older brother. "That is no way to talk about Raiza. Especially not in front of her own pack." Theo shook his head and look down apologetically at me. "If she gets out of hand feel free to give me a call anytime." Theo told me. This time I didn't even bother arguing. Whether I liked it or not, it didn't look like I was going to be able to shake Viviana. "Are you ready?" Tess asked. She had appeared from nowhere and was now sitting in the driver's seat of the Jeep. "Let's go!" I toss my bag into the back seat and jump in after it. I expected Viviana to claim the passenger seat so I was surprised when she reached out and stopped me from closing the door to the back. "Move over, pup." She announced. I shot her a look but moved over.