Chapter one

"Run baby. Please and don't look back. Go find help, okay."

"I'm not leaving your here by yourself," I said in tears.

Xander was trying to convince me to leave him. But why? I love him and he wanted me to leave.

"I will not go anywhere my love, go for help. I'm losing a lot of blood and my wolf is hurt. Please." He says trying to convince me to leave him.

His leg was caught in a trap, I'm sure it has been planned. We didn't see it on our way. We were headed to help out neighbours after a distress call.

If only we hadn't come to help.

"Not like this, I can stay with you here just not going to leave you like this," I said already in tears.

"You can't Stacey if they find you they will kill both of us. I'd rather die than live without you."

"No, don't say that. I'm not leaving. We made a promise and I will not break it."

"Please go find help. They might reach this place faster and we would be safe."

"I'll give you my blood, we just need a way of transferring it."

It was then we heard shuffling behind us. Light footsteps, hushed murmurs, rustling dry leaves and low sounds of breaking branches and twigs.

They were here.

"Go now!" He said loudly. I'm sure the attacker heard us. Even if I was sure to get help they would have him.

I murmured a low, I love you to Xander then took off to the direction of our pack. I would come back with our warriors.

I was in tears wondering what was going to happen to my mate. We shouldn't have come here alone. Now I know that. I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard a powerful and loud howl.

It was one of those that sent unpleasant shivers through your entire body. What scared me the most was that it was an alpha's howl.

It was howl to show possession and conquering of a rival pack. It showed that one alpha had been defeated and the other would fight to win the rival pack. It meant that my mate had been captured by our rival pack.

Alpha Demitris.

Xander had been taken. My love was no longer an alpha.

NO!

††††††††

I shot up from my bed to find myself screaming a series of no's. I look around paranoid after that dream.

My heart was beating so fast and so loud. I am scared it would leave my chest. I'm sure people in the house heard it. I can feel my wolf in a state of panic after that nightmare.

'Shit'

Those events will forever haunt me for all my days. The day I lost my sunshine and my will to leave.

My inability and incapability to save my mate from his awful fate. I still remember his bright smile when he woke up to find me by his side. It was the most satisfying feeling. I felt complete whenever he looked at me with that longing stare. How he adored me and cared for me.

How he would hug me tightly whenever I had a problem. He would let me cry to sleep but never did he leave my side.

Unfortunately I ran away. First chance I got. I wanted to blame it on the fact that he used his alpha tone on me. However, I was his mate. I would have chosen to defy him and die next to him. I ran away like a coward.