chapter 2 <3

Hide and seek….

She had woken up, craving cheesecake. It was not that strange since she liked cheesecake a lot but she had never craved it so much. It was as if her life depended on it. Her brain was telling her to run to the supermarket and buy lots and lots of cheesecake.

She got up as quickly as she could with her grown belly and got dressed in her most comfortable outfit, a pair of black leggings and a short-sleeved dress-shirt paired with ballet flats. Luckily, lately she did not have morning sickness. 

She entered the guestroom where her two cousins were snoring, showing that they were still fast asleep.

“They won’t be for long.” She thought.

“WAKE UP YOU TWO LAZYBUMS!” This time she yelled. They still would not wake up so she did the only thing she could do, throw freezing cold ice water at them.

They woke up freezing cold and confused. Who had woken them up so early? Where were they? The night before had, come back to their minds. 

Kajol was smirking at them.

“Why the hell did you wake us up at…?” Arisha paused to look at the clock. “At 7 am, on a SUNDAY?”

“Stop asking questions and just get dressed quickly, no way I’m leaving you guys behind after that last time you two burnt the kitchen trying to make pancakes!”

They groaned but got up all the same, they knew better than to anger a pregnant woman.

Five minutes later, they were in the van heading towards the nearest supermarket. Kajol was driving like a mad woman. Her two cousins were in the back praying for their lives.

When they arrived both of the cousins, kneeled down and almost kissed the street. “Thank god!! We’ve never missed you so much land!”

Kajol was getting a little moody since they were not letting her go buy some damn cheesecake! “Stop being ridiculous you two! And let’s go buy some effing cheesecake!”

They sighed already predicting how she would be for the rest of the pregnancy.

Kajol got a cart and entered the store, almost running. She quickly went to the fridge section.

On her way there she noticed a familiar person. There was no way she could mistake him. It was impossible for her not to recognize him. The man that had been an important figure in her life ever since high school. The man who broke her heart.

“Lucy! Arisha! Go wait for me outside!”

“What? Why?”

“Ask later, now just do what I told you” They left without further comments

She ran as fast as she could with her somewhat big belly and grabbed about ten boxes of delicious New York cheesecake. She noticed him moving towards the section where she was and decided to take a detour to the cash register.

“Yes! I finally lost him!” She thought once she arrived to her destination without running into him or him seeing her and the belly.

When it was her turn to pay, she handed the boxes to the young girl that seemed to be in her late teens.

“That would be Thirty dollars, miss.”

“Ok. Wait a second until I find my wallet.”  She searched her whole bag for it but could not find it. “Where the hell did I put it?!” She thought to herself.

Oh. No. Lucy had her wallet. What was she going to do?! She took a deep breath.

While raising her head to tell the cashier  to wait until she went to the car, got the wallet and came back to pay, she noticed a hand stretched out paying for her.

“Kiho…”

“I think it is time we talked”

Being face to face with him, made all the emotions, she thought had gone, resurface.

“Yeah, we should but let’s go outside. We do not need to make a scene in front of the whole town.”

He grabbed the bags for her.  She should not be lifting so much.

She walked out first, followed closely by him. This talk was going to be decisive and they both knew it but how much exactly…

Oh how complicated it was to be human.