Chapter 5: Nate

Nate's POV:

Friday rolled by really quick, nothing interesting happened, just me hanging out with Rosie and trying to console her about our parents' departure and Xavier ditching me a couple of times to hang out with this girl, Lilly, Lilly Mathews. I still didn't get the chance to meet this mystery girl who gave me the chills, its like a shiver running down my spine whenever I hear her name, it was weird; a feeling I never experienced before, but it was pleasant, really pleasant and that made me squirm in antsy, because of how foreign the feeling was. Xavier has been claiming that nothing is going on between them and that they are strictly just friends. Though, I believe that there is something between them, like a secret affair, but the weird this is the waves of anger that wash over me just at the thought of Xavier and Lilly together.

Getting out of bed in the morning was an exasperating task, just like every other single day. However, today I'm working on convincing myself that it's Friday, the last day of the school week and that I'm going to have two days full of freedom, not that I'm studious and always working hard during the school days, In fact, I'm the complete opposite, I still get beat drunk and laid, simply life goes on just like normal. The only difference is that I don't have a designed time to wake up at.

After several minutes of contemplating whether I should get up or just skip school all together, the more rational part of me won the argument and decided to just go to school and if I don't feel like it, I'm going to ditch, no biggie.

I pulled my sore body out of the bed and begrudgingly entered the bathroom, running a shower. After getting ready for school, I left the room and went straight to the kitchen which was calling for me, oh my ... food, I'm a growing male, Plus I need the food to maintain my sexy figure, just saying.

Though, I think I lost all my appetite at seeing the scene in front of me. My parents sitting on the bar stools, sipping tenderly on their hot steamy tea cups, each staring at a laptop with paperwork fluttered around them.

They seemed to realise my presence, so they turned to face me fully, However, their calm and sophisticated exterior crumbled to the earth the moment they made eye contact with me. My father's eyes were filled with rage, disgust, anger and mostly disappointment. My mother's eyes were filled with completely different emotions, disbelief, shock, a little bit of anger but what caught my attention the most was the foreign emotion I saw in the depth of her eyes: Regret. I didn't know whether it was regret for giving birth to me, a child who betrays his own parents, or regret about what they put me through all those past years. But I wanted to figure it out so badly.

"Nathaniel Cole Erickson, you have crossed all you lines and limitations, young man!" My dad bellowed angrily, and somehow that got me angrier. "Don't go all full name on me." I retorted. I knew I was triggering him into more rage but I couldn't help it.

"You think you can keep doing the shit that you do, running around ruining my reputation in your drunken state and expect me to treat you properly? You are living under my roof."

I let out a humourless laugh and stared at him with menace. "What are you gonna do, dad?" I asked, spitting out the word dad. At this moment, all the previous guilt I felt for destroying his business vanished, I couldn't care less. Without waiting for an answer i continued. "You're gonna throw me out?Huh? Do you want all the media to find out that the almighty Daniel Erickson threw his son, the heir to their business out on the street? Do you want your reputation to vanish completely? Guess we all know the answer. NO."

My father was shaking with unshed rage and anger, then without a warning his hand shot out and punched me straight in the jaw.

It all happened so suddenly, my mom gasped, I heard Rosie scream, I saw the shocked look on my father's face, the bewildered faces of our servants and my body was shaking violently with undeniable anger.