Chapter 4

(Bruce’s P.O.V.)

We drove back to the cave in a hurry to gear up. I didn’t even notice the cars go by, they just went by like flashes of light. I did this same drive hundreds upon thousands of times. I couldn’t help but thinking about how many times I would have to do this same trip over the years to come, how many times I would have to crawl back to the cave and wait for Alfred to patch me up and get me ready for my next life threatening fight. I wondered if I would even make it out of S.T.A.R. labs and if I did what would be waiting for me on the other side. Before I knew it I was sitting in my car in the garage by myself, Dick had gone inside and when I checked the time it was all most midnight.

I found my way back to the cave and I found Dick and Alfred sitting by the Bat-Computer, Dick with his feet up and Alfred sitting opposite him. The instant I walked in both stood up and stare me in the eyes. “Don’t let me spoil the fun” “Sir, where were you?” asked Alfred in a concerned manor. “The garage” “For 45 minutes?” Dick remarked.” I had a lot to think about” Everyone stopped talking and all to be heard was the sounds of bats flying above us, talking to each other with screeches and flutters. I walked up the steps to my suit     chamber. A metal touchscreen panel stood at the top of the stairs waiting for me to place my hand on it for scanning. As soon as I did the chamber rose from the ground and when I opened the shielding my Bat-suit was there waiting to be dawned.

I suited up and grabbed my gadgets. When I turned around I saw my trusted “sidekick” jumping around trying to get his foot in the leg of his suit. His suit was different but I helped design it. It was black with a blue symbol, like bird with its wings stretched across his chest. He used two batons which were   electrified in combat, I don’t see his need for them I trained him since he was 8 in hand-to-hand and hand-to-armed combat. On the outside his suit looked like it was made from leathery latex material. That’s because it was. I keep telling him to armour up and he always says “Yeah I’m getting on it”. I really think I should re-do his suit for him, at one point he mentioned re-modelling the suit with a pallet of colours and growing a pony tail. This kid has some strange choices. When we were both ready we walked to the bat-wing and jumped in.