LuVy: Love Letter

“See you this evening, Levy!” Lucy called, running after Natsu and Happy as they went out on their next job. I waved, sighing after she left. There she goes again…and I still haven’t told her.

“What’s wrong, Shrimp?” Gajeel asked, sitting across from me and munching on some metal.

“Nothing,” I sighed.

“Is it that blonde again?” He frowned, guessing immediately. A few weeks ago at a guild party I had gotten a little too drunk and had confessed to Gajeel that I liked Lucy. After that, he had been trying to get me to just come out and tell her.

“Gajeel, I can’t tell her,” I groaned, laying my head on the table. “Do you se her when she’s with Natsu? She has to be in love with him.”

“Maybe not,” he shrugged. "You’ll never know unless you tell her.”

“I’m a coward.”

“Then come up with a way of telling her that isn’t to her face,” he suggested.

I sat up, staring at him in shock. That idea had actually been…brilliant. “Wow, Gajeel,” I teased, “who knew you weren’t just a metal head?”

“Shut it,” he growled. I giggled, getting to my feet. “Where are you goin’ now?” He asked.

“To follow your suggestion,” I grinned. “Wish me luck!” As he nodded, I ran towards Fairy Hills. I went straight to my desk and pulled out a piece of parchment, along with my favorite pen. Now, how do I tell her?

After brooding on it for nearly an hour, the answer finally hit me. I wasn’t as talented as Lu-chan when it came to writing novels, but I knew how to write simple short stories. Instead of just writing a letter telling her how I felt, I’d write her a story, using the two of us as characters. I’m not sure if this will work, but it won’t hurt to try!

~Lucy~

“Hey Mira, where’s Levy?” I asked, sitting at the bar in front of her. After I had returned from my job with Natsu, I had immediately searched the guildhall for Levy. She could usually be found in the library, but today she didn’t seem to be anywhere in the guildhall.

“She went home a few hours ago,” Mira answered. “Something tells me she’ll be back, though,” she smiled.

I nodded, trying to hide my disappointment. Although I was pretty sure she had a thing for Gajeel, I had developed a crush on Levy while I had been in Fairy Tail. We were always hanging out, talking about books and magic, and she was always so supportive of my writing. I knew she was just being a good friend, but I couldn’t help but get a warm feeling whenever she praised my work.

“Good evening, Lu-chan.” At the sound of Levy’s voice, I instantly perked up.

“Hey, Levy,” I smiled. “How was your day?”

“It was great,” she answered, sounding distracted.

“Everything okay?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she nodded. “Um, I was actually wanting to ask a favor.”

“Sure, what is it?”

She stared intently at the countertop, clearly debating on how to answer. “I—I kind of wrote a little something, and I was wondering if you would read it. You know, to make sure it sounded alright.”

“Oh,” I said, a little surprised. “Of course!”

“Thanks so much,” she smiled, handing me a piece of folded-up parchment.

I quickly opened it up and began reading, my frown deepening the further down the page I got. Once I had reached the end, I looked back up at Levy, who was nervously tracing patterns on the countertop with her fingers.

“Levy,” I said, getting her attention.

She looked up at me, a slight blush tinting her cheeks. “What did you think?”

“To be honest, it doesn’t really sound like a story,” I said, glancing at the words. “It seems more like a love letter to me.”

She was quiet a moment before she took a deep breath and met my eyes. “Because it is.”

I sighed, wishing I had been wrong. In her story, the two characters had been so close, and she had described all of the things the one character loved about the other one. Seeing as how there was only one person I could think of that Levy could love, I hadn’t wanted to admit to myself that that’s what it was.

A love letter to Gajeel.

“In that case,” I said, putting on my best smile, “I say you should give this to him and tell him how you feel. He’d be an idiot to turn you down.”

“He?” Levy asked, looking genuinely confused.

I frowned. “Isn’t this a love letter for Gajeel?”

“G-Gajeel?” She gasped, shaking her head. “No, no. I don’t like Gajeel.”

My eyebrows came together in the middle as I continued to frown at her in confusion. “If it isn’t for Gajeel, then who do you—”

“It’s for you, Lu-chan,” she said, quietly.

I nearly fell off my stool as I gaped at her. “M-Me?!”

She nodded. “Ever since you joined Fairy Tail I’ve liked you. You’re so smart, and kind, and beautiful. You’re loved by everyone who knows you, and you can do anything you put your mind to. I really admire that about you.”

I was too shocked to speak. So, instead, I wrapped my arms around the small wizard and hugged her tightly. “I’m kind of relieved,” I admitted as I hugged her. “All this time I thought you liked Gajeel, and I was a little envious.”

Her arms stiffened on my back. “Lu-chan, are you saying you—”

I nodded, pulling away so I could smile at her. “I feel the same, Levy.”

This one was actually really fun to write! Here you go, Wifey! I hope you liked it! X3

Next is my first Lolu! :D