Chapter 35- the envelope

I slowly opened my eyes and shut them as soon as a bright light came to my vision.

Was I dead already? I tried again and this time my eyes adjusted to the light, this place didn't  looked like my bedroom at all. I looked around and noticed this was a hospital room... why? Then my eyes caught Axel sleeping seated on an armchair across this bed.

It's been a while... actually I don't remember ever being in an actual hospital. I always got my required vaccinations at home with the family doctor, and even my gynecologist visited me, not the other way around.

I called out his name and he woke up in the speed of light. He got up and dragged a chair to sit right by the bed.
"How are you feeling?" He asks and I... well I feel fine, I just don't recall why or how I got here.
"Good, but what happened... to me?" I said as I got into a sitting position. The last thing I remember is the argument we had with Dylan and Chloe, my head hurts if I try to recall more than that.

"You don't remember really?" I guess I did something bad because he felt cold and distant.
"No... just the part of Dylan and Chloe." He arched his eyebrows in annoyance as if he couldn't believe me or the fact that I didn't remembered annoyed him.
"You got drunk and fainted, but the doctor says it was caused because of stress." Shit... I'm not supposed to drink, what the hell got into me?
"I'm sorry..." I didn't had the balls to at him in the eyes.
"You're sorry? Do you think I am a joke? Am I the only one who's taking this seriously?!" He started off calmly but raised his voice at the end and jumped from his seat making me flinch. I don't think he's a joke, it's just that sometimes I act before I think or ignore the thoughts.
"I--I'm so sorry. I do take you seriously, please forgive me Master." My voice began to shatter with each word, I haven't made him this angry in months. I can't handle him being this disappointed at me.

"Stop. I don't want to hear your voice anymore. You're not to speak around me unless I give you permission."
"Amelia dear!" We both turn to the door and see Lorraine and Robert walking towards us.
"Oh, what's wrong? Did we interrupted something?" Robert asked and I shook my head.
"No, you didn't. Great, now that you're here I'll leave. I already lost half a day, can't lose a second more." Oh... right, work! It's Saturday but still, I have a lot of work to do, I can't be here doing nothing. But I couldn't speak, he kissed his mother's cheeks and patted his father's shoulder and me... well he only gave me a disappointing gaze and left. I swear to the holiest, I'll never drink again without his permission.

He left me with Lorraine and his father. They were so nice to me, they were the parents I always wanted but never realized it. Currently Lorraine and I were closer than my mother and I, it was weird but I couldn't stand seeing her that much after my discovery five years ago. I wanted to tell her the truth so bad, but her frame weakened as the years passed. She was great physically speaking, however the state of her mind became more fragile, all because of Joseph, the devil's reincarnation.

All I wished was that my mother could be happy, I don't really show her how much I love her, but I do love her, more than anything, even more than Axel I'd confess. She's probably the reason why I put up with Joseph's tyranny for all those years, maybe I didn't wanted to leave her alone with him.

I got lost in my conversation with Lorraine, she stayed with me until I was able to go home that evening. She even stayed a while with me at home to confirm I was okay, she's such a good person. Then I was alone, this house meant a lot to me, but I believe we were going to move out soon.

There was no guest room anymore, it was my office now, while the upstairs room was Axel's office since his clothes were there. We needed more space and separate rooms for our offices, also my mother and Lorraine kept bugging us to have a room for our future child. I agreed yes, but that child is way far in the future, we're still young and have a lot to do, maybe in five more years, or who knows if it's earlier. How ever it is, we need a bigger house with or without a child.

I was about to get to my office and get some work done but the ring on the bell did not let me. I thought that maybe Axel forgot his keys or something, but when I opened the door, disappointed flowed all over me.

"You're not going to let me in sis?" His British accent makes it worse for me to stand him. I love accents, but on my own brother it sounded disgusting. I let him in not really sure about it and we go sit on the livingroom couch.
"Just a few years in a foreign country and you forget your roots." I tell him picking on his accent and he hissed.
"I heard you lost the plot last night."
"I what?"
"You went crazy." What a weirdo, what's he doing here anyway?
"I didn't, I just had medical complications. Why are you here though?"
"To negotiate."
"Negotiate what?"
"The CEO position." He has to be kidding, I won't never give up my opportunity to be someone important and respected.

"Then you know the way to the door." I sit up signaling him to get the fuck out.
"Amelia." He got up as well. "I know very well that you have everyone by your side. That's why you need to make them believe I'll be a better leader than you." I don't know if he's joking or not, he really came to my own house to tell me this crap, to insult me in such way.

"Excuse me? Are you listening to yourself? I won't give away what I worked so hard for all these years."
"Worked so hard? Is selling your body really that hard?" Oh... I could break his nose, or even better his balls.
"Get out of here if you don't want me to ruin that stupid face of yours."
"Oh. I was going to do it the good way, but since you're threatening me again... I don't have much choice." His hands go to his jacket's pocket where he takes out an orange envelope, then he hands it to me. Without hesitation I open it and inside it reveals a bunch of printed photos. My heart skips a beat when I see the content of the photos...

"Get out!" I furiously yell at him.
"If you don't do as I say, these pictures will be released to the public. It'll bring you down instantly, whereas if you cooperate you will go down honorably." I couldn't deal with his nonsense right now, I couldn't think clearly.
"Get the fuck out!" He laughed at my frenetic state.
"Chose wisely." He said before leaving. The air was too thick for me now, there was just anger in me. My heart ached because of it and the immense amount of rage. Then I heard the front door open, it could only be Axel, he couldn't see me like this. I breathed in and out several times and counted to ten, it didn't helped at all, but I contained my emotions as much as I could.

As soon as he got to the livingroom I kneeled besides the armchair that he usually sits on with my head lowered. I heard his footsteps as he walked towards me and sat right there. He signaled me to kneel in between his legs and so I did.
"Look at me." I did as he told me, trying my best to hide this burning rage.
"What did he do to you?" I forgot he could read me very well, but he didn't clearly stated if I could speak or not so I waited.
"You may speak now." I have to tell him, he's the only person I could tell what's going on.
"You're talking about Dylan right, Master?"
"Yes. I saw him walking out of here, and I know the hatred in your eyes is not directed towards me." Well he's very confident about that.
"What makes you think so?" I loved him, but I can hate him too, he's not immune to my black list.
"You would never look at me in such way. Also, if you were mad at me you wouldn't be kneeling in front of me right now, don't you think?" His logic is on point today, I wouldn't have been here if my anger was towards him.
"Makes sense." He leaned down to me to caress my hair and face. His touch felt so warm and calming.
"Now tell me, what did he do to you?" He spoke in a soft tone as usual, but at the same time with a hint of hostility, I knew he was still angry with me and was restraining his emotions for my sake.

"May I get something from the table, Master?" I asked him first and he nodded, so I moved and grabbed the manila envelope that was sitting on the coffee table a few inches away, then went back to my place and handed him the folder.

He looked inside and his face went through various emotional expressions, first dejection then indignation and finally anger, I could see his veins starting to pop out. He suddenly stood from the chair making me jump back.

"What the fuck is this?" He brusquely threw the photos on the floor, I too wanted the answer of that question. When and how where those pictures taken? I glanced at them again, one of my worst nightmares. Pictures of me completely naked or half naked filled with bruises, in most of them I was tied to the bed, kneeling down with semen all over me or getting whipped by Axel, but they focused on me not on Axel, you couldn't even see his face, they showed all of our intimacy and more than that. I believe Dylan messed with the wrong woman.

Thank you for reading, and vote ya know!