Flash Forward

The Creator glared at the twenty year old through invisible, steely eyes.

Elaine Devlin stood on the other side the pool, pondering silently. The black, indifferent expanse of space that was the water teemed vivaciously with the stark contrast of streams of galaxies that flowed and morphed in places and shrunk or stretched in others. Whether his opponent was moved by these incredible sights or not was beyond The Creator. Elaine did not shift in her oversized coat. Her scarf was still wrapped tightly around the face under her nose, unmoving. The Creator's divine eyes saw all in the universe that floated in the pool below, but these woods were hers. These woods were Elaines and He could not see what face she made underneath that scarf and He could not see through the dark of these woods. He could not see, He could not see, He could not see. He had never felt fear until now.

The dark gray fog that consumed the woods worsened with the continous, dense snowfall. The two figures stood for what felt like hours for The Creator. Here they were: two gods with two different end goals.

Elaine's eyes finally pried away from the pool to meet her opposite's featureless visage. He noted they were no longer the bright emerald they had been before but had transformed into a gray as dark and foreboding as the skies above. She pulled her scarf away from her face. A faint smile played on her lips.

"You know, I never liked snow. But, God," she laughed to herself, almost sadly, "I'd hate to think where I'd be without it."

At this, the humanoid opposite her was dragged into the air against His will. For a few moments, the snowfall stood uninterrupted, His body suspended stiff and arms spread in the air above the pool.

"You know where we're going from here." 

The former body of all divinity and new plaything of the Irish girl was plunged into the pool and sunk into the infinite depths below. Elaine approached the pool, only stopping momentarily to cast her coat, scarf, and remaining clothes. She gazed into it, then broke the gaze to take a final look at her surroundings. She breathed in and out, slowly, deliberately, and heavily. She would have been lying to herself if she had thought she wasn't afraid. At long last, she sat down and dipped her legs into the water. The fridgid air and snow outside of the pool should have caused her naked form to scream with discomfort but things as petty as these no longer bothered her. The redhead quietly slipped into the pool to begin to her hunt for her wounded prey. As she sank, the woods and snow above faded into vague, meaningless haze.