I love you Phil

Illy and Juliet stared wide eyed. A huge grin spread across Phils face, i could see him trying not to look so pleased in the tense situation, yet he was practically giggling.

"W-what-" Illy was mumbling looking at Phil, horrified

"Phil?- But, I?-" Phils smile suddenly broke as he heard the utter hurt in Illy's voice.

"Illy, please you have to understand- i really love you, I really do but, Dan-" Phil had his hands resting on the girls cheeks, but she continued to stare deeply into Phils eyes, whilst hers where misting up, turning red and hazy trying to hide the storm in her mind.

"Please Illy, you need to believe me, this is so painful for me too! I love you both so so much, but i can't have you both, and it's tearing me apart! But i have to make a decision, and well-" His voice stuttered and cracked as he looked from me to Illy, then back, staring deeply into each of us, making probably one of the hardest decisions of his life. To me, i could easilly just run at Phil and tell him to never let me go and that i'd never love anyone as much as him, because for me thats true... But Phil did love Illy as much as me, so i could see him falling to pieces inside. My insides were peeling with nerves, what if after all this he chose her? I began to think that he should pick her, what if it ended up not turning out right with us? It would ruin our friendship and then we'd have nothing! Was it worth the risk? i either have someome i love by me but never be able to love them, or not have them by me at all- now my own mind was racing and having a battle with so many conclusions. Tears had started filling Phils eyes and i could feel them lurking behind mine aswell. I looked over at Illy, and she was staring at the ground, frowning slightly, her eyes glassy with tears as they collected on each eyelash before falling to the floor.

I couldn't ruin this. She was perfect for him. When i was with him i felt like he fit me perfectly, his skin felt like the best fitting clothes on me, his lips fit mine like a jigsaw but when he was with her, it seemed like magic had made them as a pair which had to be together. It sounded pathetic, but i felt selfish for wanting to break up such a pair, even if he fit with me just as well. And besides, i'll always have him this way, maybe not the exact way i'd want him, but he'll always be my bestfriend and nothing would ever change that.

I stedded forward and cleared my throat, causing Phil and Illy and Juliet to shoot their heads towards me all at once.

All it needed was 20 seconds of speaking. Just to tell Phil to forget me and go with her. It didn't feel right in my heart, but it was the right thing to do, so i drew in a huge deep breath to speak the words that would stay with me forever.