1. The Beginning of a Lifetime

Falling. We were all falling. Tumbling to the ground below us. My wings changed from light and bright to dark and shadows. The fall was long and hard. Taking ten days of my already drawn out life. Screams could be heard from every direction. The angels were all changing. Some still light and some with dark. No other knew what the darkness meant, except for me. The darkness represented betrayal and mutiny. This was all wrong but he would not listen when I told him I had nothing to do with the raiders. Then the light angels who had not been decided what to be done with had been sentenced to fall like the rest of us wrongly accused. All of the others had been left up in the clouds where I should be with him. But then you have the angels who were simply chosen to fall for no wrong doing. Their wings turned any color, just like all of the others. But not one pair of wings stayed white and none others turned the color of black. But mine. Mine were dark and sinister. I was the most accused of the outrage that had caused our fall. I was blamed for this mess. But it was wrong and not accurate. It was just the opposite. I was loyal to him and he tossed me out like trash. It was as if he had never cared for me but I know different of him. I was to help him rule but instead he believed a lie and threw me aside as if I was nothing anymore. Now I was falling. Hard and fast. There was no use in trying to fly back, I would simply be cast out once more. We fell to the earth that lie below us. When we hit it was like paint being splattered on a wall. I landed in a ocean not far from shore. My wings were sopping wet so I had to swim. It was only a few miles so I made it to shore about twenty minutes later. Other angels were scattered around. I knew that they would be angry so I had to get moving. My wings were still dripping with salt water so I had to move on foot.

"Alia," A weak voice caught my attention. I turned and saw one of my best friends.

"Emily!" I ran over and helped her up. "Em, you know I had nothing to do with this."

"Alia, I know." She said. She stretched out her light blue wings.

"I'm leaving, headed for the west. Do not look for me. I will eventually contact you." I ran off before she could reply. The others will not be so forgiving, I thought. Angels were beginning to awake. Shouts and screams of protest and horror could be heard from all over. I knew they would be looking for me but they had to find me first.

-Present Day-

My black heels clomped on the hard floor as I strutted down the hall of Angel County High. My strapless white dress almost matched my ghostly skin. I pulled my black leather jacket tighter around me to refrain from taking it off. My long black curly hair brushed off my shoulder and on to my back stopping just above my waist. My bangs swept over my crystal blue eyes.

"Your just in time." Mrs. Monroe said as I walked into room 204. "Class we have a new student. This is Ana-Lucia Isabella Abigail Wing."

"Alia is fine actually." I said trying not to be rude.

"Well, if you would just take a seat then." Class breezed by. I really didn't pay attention. I knew what really happened anyway. As I walked out of the class room a girl came up to me.

"Your Alia right?" She was blonde, brown eyes, overly peppy for my taste. "I'm Rachel."

"Yeah that's me. I'm am just like so happy to be here!" I mimicked her voice and movements. Her smile flipped upside down in two seconds flat.

"Listen you little bitch, you better not get in my way. You got that?" She took a step closer and got all up in my face.

"Yes sir general! Wait, you are a guy right?" I laughed and walked off.

"Hey, wait up!" I turned and saw a girl running to catch up with me. "You left your history book. I'm Sarah." She flipped her dark brown hair out of her face and her green eyes flickered behind her glasses.