Chapter 1

Author's note: Hi! This is my first story. It's not going to be perfect but I hope you enjoy it. This story involves a protagonist that is strong and fights back for her rights. I'm not revealing much of the plot, you have to read the rest of the story to find out what happens;) But I can promise that this story is different than the usual ones. It will be stereotypical and cliche at the beginning. There will be times where you will feel like you want to shake some sense into the protagonist etc. This story is about the growth of Savannah from a shy, timid girl to a woman that fights for her rights. Meanwhile, grab some popcorns and enjoy the ride. Warning: This story may make you cry. You may wanna grab some tissues too, it may come in handy.

Savannah laid her head on Marcus's shoulders as she watched his beautiful green eyes. His eyes always reminded her of the forest. He was beautiful and she could stare at his eyes for eternity and never feel exhausted. They've been best friends for the past thirteen years, her, Marcus and Diana. He was the hope and light that she needed when her going became tough.

Whenever she was sad at the way her family treated her, Marcus was always there to listen to her. She had met Marcus when her stepmother, married Philip a few months after her father divorced her. Philip was Ruth's true mate. Philip was the beta of the Gold Moon pack and Marcus was the son of the Alpha, Ryan. Marcus was always nice to her and Diana, and along the way, they became good friends. Staring at his green eyes, she realized that even though she wasn't his tupe, he was everything she has always loved.

"You're so amazing..", she whispered at Marcus. Marcus cocked an eyebrow at her, "that, I am.", he smirked arrogantly. "Now, now, why are you looking at me like a love struck chick? don't get any ideas, m'lady. You know I don't do romances, especially with my best friend. Diana and you are like my sisters from another mother. Off limits!", he told her playfully.

"Right. You are the one thinking too much.", she replied back. It was no hidden fact that Marcus jumped from women to women, like a piece of candy. He was the Alpha in line and his status coupled with his dashing looks made him way too popular with the ladies and he rightfully loved the attention. Not that he has ever paid any attention to Savannah, of course.

"I need to use the bathroom. I'll be back.", she said and left Marcus. While tears silently rolled down her cheeks. Ugh. "Curse my damned, stupid, foolish heart. It's not like he, will ever fall for an average girl like me. He is the future alpha for damned sake. Best friend or not.", she told herself. But it still hurt her though. Why can't he, just for at least one moment, love her like she loved him?

She would give up her life for him in an instance if that was what it took to make him feel what she feels. Her thoughts sprinted like a train. After a few minutes, she went back to the kitchen and the sight that she saw squeezed her heart. It was like a knife was piercing through her heart, tearing it piece by piece.  Marcus was kissing a girl. Not just any girl, but her stepsister, and their shared best friend, Diana. He was kissing her with lust and passion that he never had for her, ever.

She noticed his hands his hands underneath Diana's clothes and once again, tears clouded her vision. Right, she was a sister and off limits, while she wasn't"God, I'm so pathetic. Look at Diana, she is blonde with blue eyes, she's hot while I'm not. Of course, he would kiss her instead of me. She's think thin and I'm too "curvy", of course.", she chided to herself as she walked back to her room, to cry her hearts out for the entire night her love and insecurities getting the better of her.

The following morning, she woke up with tired eyes. Savannah stared at the mirror with disappointment. The girl staring back at her had lifeless brown hair that came up to her shoulders. "You're so ugly. Look at your tired brown eyes, the color of mud. Look at your skin, it's so pale like a ghost. Look at your body..", she whispered harshly in disgust. "It's so curvy..and ugly.", she continued and a tear rolled down her cheeks. She punched her mirror in anger. Why couldn't she be as beautiful, blonde and thin like Diana?