𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN:PTSD

CHAPTER SEVEN:
PTSD

THERE WAS ICE ON the road. That was the first thing Luna noticed when she walked out of the Swan household. It made her tense. The last time she was in a car and driving on a road that held left over ice, her family died. Bella, who had walked out before her, slipped on a patch of ice causing her to fall to the ground. Luna couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her mouth. Charlie got out of Bella's truck and walked up to his daughter, helping her up.

"You okay, Bells?" He asked.

"Ice doesn't help the uncoordinated." Bella replies. Bella then turns her head to look at Luna who was still standing in the door way. "Come on, Moons."

"I, uh, I think I'll just walk today." Luna responded. Careful not to slip on the ice again, Bella walked up to her best friend, grabbing her hands. Bella looked into Luna's green eyes as she spoke.

"Hey, I promise to be extra careful, alright? Nothing's going to happen."

"That's why I got Bella new tires." Charlie informed the teenager. Bella turned to him, surprised.

"You got me new tires? No one's ever done that before." Bella stated. Charlie and Luna both give her a confused look but she shook her head. "Never mind. Now, come on, L. I will go five miles-per-hour if you want."

Luna let out a sigh before nodding her head. She closed the door, and the two girls started toward the truck whilst Charlie walked toward his cruiser. He spoke. "I'll be late for dinner. I'll be heading down Mason County. A security guard at the Grisham Mall got killed by some kind of animal."

"That's terrible." Luna frowned.

"An animal?" Bella questioned.

"You're not in Phoenix no more, honey. They've been hunting it for a week with no luck. Thought I'd lend a hand." Charlie answered.

"Be careful." Bella spoke.

"Always am." Charlie responded. The three all got into their respective vehicles, taking off to their required destinations. Bella looked over at Luna and smiled.

"If you grip onto the door handle any harder, you're going to break it." Bella stated. Luna looked down at her hand to see her knuckles turning a ghostly white. She slowly let go of the handle as she let a sigh leave her lips.

"Sorry."

"Luna, I promise nothing is going to happen to you, alright?"

"I know. I'm just―︎PTSD." Luna responded. Luna started to mess with the ring around her finger. She let out a small unamused laugh. "You know, they actually said that I am diagnosed with PTSD as well as abandonment issues."

"When was this?" Bella asked, furrowing her eyebrows in concern.

"Right before I came here. I was supposed to go back to get medications, but I never did."