Chapter 1

Friday 8:43 pm

Friday 8:43 pm

Rock music slowly comes through the small cars stereo as we cruise at a maximum speed down the winding deserted road, it's my friend Hannahs, parents car, they let us use it, a revelation which I am shocked at, they never let Hannah be trusted with anyone, but overnight they suddenly decided her with a car would be a good idea, the idea which I'm still not fully committed too, I'm in the front seat looking out of the murky window to see any sign of life, and then a slight sound of disturbing rattling under the engine that didn't seem to alarm anyone except me, either that or they just didn't care, bearing mind that is their speciality, not caring.

I would like to say I'm the sensible and smart one of the group, but when I say smart I don't mean like brainy. In my words I mean that I think before I act and make the right choices.

It's always just been the four of us in our friendship group, me, Amber, Nina and Hannah, it's just because we just feel like we are the only people who really understand each other and get each other.

Ever since we were five years old when we met in primary school we had stuck together since then, through breakups, problems, life and family situations we were always together at each others sides.

That is why our parents thought this trip would be a good thing to do together, that was until, we got lost, nearly crashed and if we don't get to the place we are headed tonight we will be forced to sleep in this car which will be impossible.

I lay my head on the headrest behind me and close my eyes softly and just wait until I hear some form of civilisation hit me instead of foxes howling in the night.

Looking back, I see Nina asleep with her head upon the steamy window. She's the type of person who puts others before herself, thats why I love her so much, she's the one I always go to when have problems, she just sits and listens and it comforts me to have someone like that in my life, smiling from the corner of my mouth I sigh tiredly and look back forward.

"Ahh" I gasp.

The car then suddenly clatters making it unable to use.

Like it hadn't been in that shape before.

"Shit" Hannah mutters as she realises what's happened.

Hannah is the wild one of our group. Shes the one that tells people head on what they need to know, however harsh it may of been. And from past experiences she could get quite nasty. Then I realise she's about to have a moment now, I snap back into presence in the car and examine her.

"What was that... Han" I ask looking vulnerably.

She skims her hand around the car hoping to find a button that would magically make the automobile suddenly jump back to life. Note my sarcasm.