17 l ONEROUS

________

O N E R O U S

(adj.) involving a great deal of effort, trouble, or difficulty.

________

THIS HAS GOT to be some sort of sick joke, Jennie's mind and heart felt warped. I dated Lisa's cousin. I actually fucking dated her cousin. And he's alive.

The entire room erupted in polite applause, and the two men gave simple nods of gesture. Bambam was smiling, looking even more handsome in his dark hair than he did with blond.

He was the one who betrayed me, Jennie's hands shook as she gripped her dress. He set up Lisa's ambush at school. He pretended to rescue her. He gained her trust, drove her back home, and led the rest of the mob there to attack Jisoo. Jennie solved the pieces in her mind. And to think I ever felt terrible for being with the girl I love!

When Bambam flashed that mega-watt smile that was identical to his father's, Jennie barely contained herself from slapping him.

Lisa was just as in shock as she was. She had been going to school with her own cousin for the past decade. He had bullied, made fun of, and ignored her and now she finds that the same blood coursed through their veins. When did he know? Had he known all his life that he had our royal blood? Jealousy and anger rose up within her; he led a normal life, unhunted, happy, and loved. He probably grew up knowing who his real parents were. And now to find that they were of the same bloodline struck a chord in Lisa. He truly was the biggest asshole to ever exist. She never should have trusted him.

Everything else after that drowned out. After the huge announcement, Jennie and her parents, Lisa, Rosé, and Jisoo were all escorted into a dimly lit room. A man wearing glasses that were way too small for him sat behind a desk, smiling at them as they walked in. No one smiled back.

In a moment, Dante and his son walked in, big smiles plastered on their faces.

"Ah, I see we're all gathered here now," Dante rubbed his hands together slowly. No shit, sherlock. "The lawyer is here to legalize the documents and the abdication of the princess. As promised, I will gaurantee her loved ones' safety." He extended his arm to the chair at the center of the room; it was facing the desk. Papers were scattered on the desk but there was only one main one Lisa had to sign.

Jennie's parents stood on either side of her, unmoving as they watched the tall blonde slowly walk across the room. Together with Rosé and Jisoo, they watched the lawyer make eye contact with the princess before nodding his head for her to proceed. Lisa reached for a fountain pen and steadied her hand over the paper. In a few strokes of the small object, they were going to be free and she would be stripped of the title princess.

"Wait," Bambam cut in and Lisa looked back at him, the tip of her pen almost touching the piece of parchment. "Lisa isn't eighteen years old yet, correct? That means she's not legal for the throne."

"And what are you saying, boy?" Dante raised a brow, impatient.

What the fuck is he doing now? Jennie frowned, skeptical.

"Dad, for her to legally abdicate from her royal position, she would either need to wait until her 18th birthday for her to be a legal adult and sign it herself, or have her guardians do it," Bambam pointed out. "Who, as we all know, are dead."

"But she's old enough to decide for herself isn't she?" Dante was pacing, looking at the man behind the desk.

"I'm afraid your son is right, sir," the lawyer cleared his throat. "Had I known she was still a minor, I would have warned you myself. We must wait for her to turn eighteen before we proceed."