Chapter.23

A few days later, Niall and Harry had just gotten off school and Harry had driven Niall home because he was still in a cast and couldn't drive well.

"You know you don't have to drive me home everytime, right?" Niall asked when Harry was parked in his driveway.

"I know, but I want you to quickly heal without any complications so until you are properly healed, I'm not letting you drive." Harry smirked and Niall rolled his eyes playfully.

"Alright chauffeur, I'll be going now." Niall said and laughed loudly when Harry rolled his eyes. "Are you sure you don't wanna come in?"

Harry smiled at Niall before he frowned and shook his head lightly.

"I wish I could, but I have to run a few errands for my mum." Harry said and Niall nodded.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" Niall said and leaned over the console so that he could kiss Harry.

Harry met him halfway and pressed their lips together in a slow passionate kiss.

Just as it was getting heated, Harry tried to shift his body to the side so that he could kiss Niall properly but he pressed his hand on wheel and honked loudly.

That instantly broke them apart.

Niall looked at Harry and they both laughed because that was so like Harry.

"Bye babe." Niall said and opened the door then he picked up his bag from the floor and got out of the car.

"Bye, baby. Love you." Harry said and smiled then he slowly backed away from Niall's driveway.

Niall stood on his door steps for a few moments just looking at Harry's retreating car.

It hurt him to hear Harry say the L word and not be able to say it back. But Harry didn't seem to mind. He had given him all the time in the world.

He knew that he was falling for Harry and it would only be a matter of time before he was completely head over heels for his curly haired boyfriend.

Either way, it was a good feeling and as long as he had Harry in his life, he was okay.

With a smile etched on his face, Niall turned around and tried to unlock his door but he realised that it was unlocked.

He mentally face palmed because once again, he had forgotten to lock his door.

But it was all Harry's fault. His boyfriend had gone to pick him up earlier than usual and Niall had slept through his alarm so he had been rushing to prepare for school that morning.

He placed his keys on the entrance table and smiled when he smelled something delicious cooking.

But his smile turned into a frown because he remembered that he lived alone and he had been at school.

He grabbed the bat that was beside the door, ready to march to the kitchen and confront whoever the intruder was.

Slowly, he approached the kitchen and the delicious aroma filled his nostrils more.

"Mum?" He called when he saw the small blonde woman slaving over his stove.

She turned around and smiled then raised her eyebrows at the bat in his hand.

"Welcome back, baby. I was just finishing up, didn't know you would be back so soon." She said and Niall placed the bat down then scratched his head sheepishly.

"How long have you been here?" He asked her instead and took a seat on a stool.

"Since morning, I came to do your laundry but I realized you didn't have any food so I went food shopping and decided to make you some meals." She quickly said and turned around to stir the sauce that was cooking.